RIP Sir Walter

ForeverAndEver

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Just gutted. Totally lost all motivation for the rest of the day. Thoughts with all his family and friends. 

RIP gaffer.

Just want to go up the road now to be honest. Can’t be fucked being around anyone in the office anymore today. 

7 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Just off the phone to my Dad and we are both in tears. So many wonderful memories and highlights we shared as Walter Smith lead our Club. 

He was the embodiment of what it means to be a Rangers man. 

Totally nailed it.

It was our life growing up watching his Rangers team home and away, out on the bevvy with your mates, meeting my Mrs, travelling to Europe with the many, many highs that he gave us as fans.

Then he returned when we needed him and again provided some amazing memories, even getting to a European final.

All of this done with no ego, just for the love of his club.

Honestly feels like the loss of a family member / close friend, this is how far he reached out to us all.

💙

A 5 hour time change and I'm just waking up to this devastating news.

A true Legend in the way the term is meant to be used and he was our Legend.

From the bottom of my Heart I'd just like to say a very sincere thank you for everything you have done for our Club and for Football in general.

To his Family and friends , of which there are many , sincere sympathies and condolences.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

He was assistant when I started going in 86, then obv manager from 91. He and Souness are basically what I think about when I think about going to see Rangers as a child. This has that feeling of losing a bit of your childhood. Nothing next to his family's loss, but it's still like a big part of you has gone. No exaggeration to say he made growing up more fun for me, as I'm sure he did for many, and I'm so thankful to him for that. 

Absolutely this, feels like a connection to all of that world, memories and shared experience has been lost.