RIP Sir Walter

ForeverAndEver

Just now, BlueVanguard said:

In absolute tears crying in the room away from the family. Could not hold it in any longer that video just ruined me. Thanks gaffer we will never forget you.

I am babysitting my 5 year old niece and am crying as well and she doesn't understand being so young, she's just worried about her Uncle.

He was more than just the head of the team I love, but he also sort of like a stand in parent for me as to be blunt my Dad was not my life as much as he should have been when was I younger.

Just a tough day.

Glad I finished work for today as this is devestating. He was my childhood.

The 92-93 team kept me going when I was in a psych hospital. He made that team.

I had the honour of working at Ibrox during the last season of his first spell and we often saw him wandering about early in the morning. He always smiled and said hello to you and sometimes he was humming a wee tune. You knew this was a man who was as happy to be at Ibrox as I was and he was doing what he loved. 

From the teams he put on the Park to THAT Chic Young interview to the Brazilians. Walter made me smile.

RIP Legend. You were my childhood.

35 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Oh man, I can’t even bare to think about it. That’s going to be the hardest of all.

I posted them earlier, but I'll do it again... this moment in that video above was enough to floor me; you can see in that one moment all that words can't begin to describe on their connection. To then hear Ally talking about it... 

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 11.04.58.pngScreenshot 2021-10-26 at 11.11.58.png

12 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

It is hard to be universally loved by all in the world of sport but this man truly was. He was a leader of men and for every single player that ever ran out on to the pitch for you, and holds you in the highest esteem, you know you did something right.

I am very sad as this man was the man at the helm when I first started following Rangers and I fell in love with the team not just because of the history and the passion of the fans, but also because of this man and how he led his team and how genuine he was.

This hurts me just as much as when  Coach Dean Smith(Of the Tar Heels basketball team) passed away.

He came from a generation that was completely brought up the right way .

We won’t ever have another like him .

He was staunch as you get but respectful .Thats why he was respected so much from those out with the Rangers family .

A proper gent born to be Rangers manager .

Feeling like I can’t properly function today. It’s a really painful one. Thinking of the people I’ve met and the people who looked up to him too. From the likes of Archie Knox, Ally, to Kevin Thomson who all speak about Walter so powerfully.

There are not many who are truly universally loved and respected in our game. Anyone who worked with or met Walter left with his respect. Even as supporters, he was the man we all looked up to.

The pinnacle of being a Ranger.