RIP Sir Walter

ForeverAndEver

Watching all the tributes on sky and on the internet, absolutely choked man, I thought losing Sandy was hard, whats been made Chrystal clear in all the tributes is not only was he a very special football manager but he was also a very special human being, his wife, his sons and his grandchildren's loss must be incalculable and my heart goes out to them, but his loss to his other family, the Rangers one, is absolutely huge.

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Mcfadden was brought up a tarrier but I find him refreshing especially via walker/crocker commentary. Like wee mccann, mcfadden is fair and genuine.

When he needs to be neutral he can be, he'll never hide his leanings which is fair enough, 

1 minute ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Watching all the tributes on sky and on the internet, absolutely choked man, I thought losing Sandy was hard, whats been made Chrystal clear in all the tributes is not only was he a very special football manager but he was also a very special human being, his wife, his sons and his grandchildren's loss must be incalculable and my heart goes out to them, but his loss to his other family, the Rangers one, is absolutely huge.

He always came across as a good bloke and I was aware that players and colleagues thought very highly of him as a man, but it's definitely an extra level of insight that I have got today, watching clips of players like McFadden talking about him, from outside the perspective of Rangers. It sounds like Walter was a man who went out of his way for everybody. I feel a deep sense of regret that I will never have a chance to meet him.

5 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

“Rangers FC. Do not enter unless you are ready to put yourself second - and that should be the one and only time second is good enough for you” Walter Smith OBE

That is the first timeI have heard this quote. Do you know any background to it such as when he said it?

I just woke up to the news sir walter passed away, when i saw the news on twitter i was hoping it was some sick joke but then i saw Rangers official twitter posted it my heart sank, there's not a lot that can be said that hasn't already been said..........I never thought in my wildest dreams would we go from the horrible tenure that was le guen to being guided to the uefa cup final under ally, kenny and walter then go on to win 3 league championships followed by some incredible cup wins and moments.

RIP Sir Walter Smith  (Simply The Best)

1 hour ago, the sliver fox said:

Still can't believe the great man has gone. It has been a day of mixed emotions for me today. Stepdaughters birthday today, so started the day wishing happy birthday to her, only to find out about the passing of Sir Walter. I was blubbing while watching and reading all the well wishes and tributes when my mum phoned me to say she has been given the all clear following her recent breast cancer battle. I am fucking emotional wreck today.

Great news about your mum :thumbsup: