RIP Sir Walter

ForeverAndEver

4 hours ago, the sliver fox said:

Still can't believe the great man has gone. It has been a day of mixed emotions for me today. Stepdaughters birthday today, so started the day wishing happy birthday to her, only to find out about the passing of Sir Walter. I was blubbing while watching and reading all the well wishes and tributes when my mum phoned me to say she has been given the all clear following her recent breast cancer battle. I am fucking emotional wreck today.

I hear you m8 - my nephew’s B’day today as well. Glad to hear the news for your mum, but crazy how Life’s yin/yang moments often collide like this (Gers lost the Uefa Cup final on my eldest daughter’s B’day - another emotional rollercoaster there).

It’s almost impossible to come to grips with the fact that Watty’s gone from us; what an extraordinary effect that man had on all our lives. 😢

27 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The great tribute the club and players can give Walter is to win the league this year and dedicate it to him. A treble would just tick all the boxes but I’d settle for the league.

I must admit I’m so glad Walter and his family and friends had the privacy afforded to them over the last few months.

If the club was struggling just a little bit to hit the heights after last season, very understandable may I add. I've no doubt that this sad news today will focus hearts and minds, we owe the gaffer this one.

7 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

If the club was struggling just a little bit to hit the heights after last season, very understandable may I add. I've no doubt that this sad news today will focus hearts and minds, we owe the gaffer this one.

It won't happen because we will go out and smash the cunts tomorrow, but it's the one game of the season I'd understand if we were off it. 

Absolutely wont happen tomorrow though, I reckon we will see a team of Bears enter that pitch and win every single fucking ball tackle and second ball.