RIP Sir Walter

ForeverAndEver

8 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

If the club was struggling just a little bit to hit the heights after last season, very understandable may I add. I've no doubt that this sad news today will focus hearts and minds, we owe the gaffer this one.

big time 💙

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

It won't happen because we will go out and smash the cunts tomorrow, but it's the one game of the season I'd understand if we were off it. 

Absolutely wont happen tomorrow though, I reckon we will see a team of Bears enter that pitch and win every single fucking ball tackle and second ball. 

I was meaning performances so far this season, I think we'll go out and win well tomorrow.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I’ll tell you something else, and it might just be because today has been a very emotional day but, looking back at the pieces of  that tribute video that showed Walter’s second spell at the club has made me feel super nostalgic and a bit sad actually.

Those games, moments and trophy wins feel like they happened months ago, not years ago. I can still remember every single one of them and yet here we are coming up on fifteen years since Smith came back to the club for his second spell in charge. Most of, if not all of those players have retired, Ally McCoist is pushing 60 and sadly Walter Smith is now no longer with us and yet to me it feels like it has been no time since we were there living them and talking about them in the moment on here.

It just highlights how quickly time and life flashes by and reminds you that you have to try your best to savour, enjoy and live every single moment of it because you never know when it might be over.

A bit of a morbid post, but something in that video really struck a nerve for me. 😢 

From 2011 to now has been like a click of the fingers, be that trying to blank out certain events to being successful again. 

It's true what they say that the older you get the quicker times flys by.

55 minutes ago, delparlane said:

I hear you m8 - my nephew’s B’day today as well. Glad to hear the news for your mum, but crazy how Life’s yin/yang moments often collide like this (Gers lost the Uefa Cup final on my eldest daughter’s B’day - another emotional rollercoaster there).

It’s almost impossible to come to grips with the fact that Watty’s gone from us; what an extraordinary effect that man had on all our lives. 😢

Thanks buddy

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’ll tell you something else, and it might just be because today has been a very emotional day but, looking back at the pieces of  that tribute video that showed Walter’s second spell at the club has made me feel super nostalgic and a bit sad actually.

Those games, moments and trophy wins feel like they happened months ago, not years ago. I can still remember every single one of them and yet here we are coming up on fifteen years since Smith came back to the club for his second spell in charge. Most of, if not all of those players have retired, Ally McCoist is pushing 60 and sadly Walter Smith is now no longer with us and yet to me it feels like it has been no time since we were there living them and talking about them in the moment on here.

It just highlights how quickly time and life flashes by and reminds you that you have to try your best to savour, enjoy and live every single moment of it because you never know when it might be over.

A bit of a morbid post, but something in that video really struck a nerve for me. 😢 

Totally get you. Could be the last 10 years as painful as they were sort of rolled into one and that feels just before it. Your point about enjoying the now is true too. Sad thinking about all the times I moaned about playing 1 upfront etc when we normally won anyway 

I’ve been devastated all day, having been a fan born in the 90s Walter was the most influential figure the club has had during my lifetime at least. The sheer number of tributes are testament to the impact he has had on the wider footballing world and I can only be grateful to him for providing me with some of the best memories of my life.

Hope his family are receiving all the support they need.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

From 2011 to now has been like a click of the fingers, be that trying to blank out certain events to being successful again. 

It‘a frightening mate. 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Probably because you couldn't enjoy anything then(even if we were playing ok) it was always the hunt for 55