RIP Sir Walter

ForeverAndEver

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Honestly can't stop crying. Listening to edgar the now.

Listened to Boyd, miller and Thomson hard as fuck man 

Edgar is a hard listen.  SG breaking down too just shows the impact the great man had.  

1 minute ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Even SSB have given over their show for Walter. Keevins has some great stories.

Whatever we think of guys like keevins theyve been in the game that long that they will have excellent stories to tell

Just now, RFC55 said:

Whatever we think of guys like keevins theyve been in the game that long that they will have excellent stories to tell

Walter took his wee nephew round Ibrox personally and got all the players out. 

Also told us about the rage which beat SAFs hairdryer.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Edgar is a hard listen.  SG breaking down too just shows the impact the great man had.  

He makes a great point uncle T.

Many people are legends etc but then there's that upper echelon and that's Walter. He's way above legend status 

Just now, RFC55 said:

There’s going to be a lot of people within Scottish football, even people who don’t particularly like us, who are feeling the same pain that we are. 

Allys was enough for me, to see him choking on tears was too much. 

Too soon for some of it really, the guys need time to let it hit. Nothing worse seeing your heroes hurting as much as we are. 

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’ll tell you something else, and it might just be because today has been a very emotional day but looking back at the pieces of that tribute video that showed Walter’s second spell at the club has made me feel super nostalgic and a bit sad actually.

Those games, moments and trophy wins feel like they happened months ago, not years ago. I can still remember every single one of them and yet here we are coming up on fifteen years since Smith came back to the club for his second spell in charge. Most of, if not all of those players have retired, Ally McCoist is pushing 60 and sadly Walter Smith is now no longer with us and yet to me it feels like it has been no time since we were there living them and talking about them in the moment on here.

It just highlights how quickly time and life flashes by and reminds you that you have to try your best to savour, enjoy and live every single moment of it because you never know when it might be over.

A bit of a morbid post, but it’s been a tough day and something in that video really struck a nerve for me. 😢 

I've had the same sort of thoughts today about the past, snippets of the gaffer and memories of famous Rangers moments, intertwined with memories of family and personal moments of my own life, especially the 1990s, my gran who's is long passed absolutely loved Walter Smith, all these things in our lifes connected to this man.

Just now, DBBTB said:

There’s going to be a lot of people within Scottish football, even people who don’t particularly like us, who are feeling the same pain that we are. 

Not many players or managers who have been involved in either club can have that impact. Shows the stature everyone held him in that not even I really appreciated until today. 

Football aside he was by all accounts a model husband, great father and doting grandfather. The football only added to his status

No idea how I managed to make it through the working day tbh. STV news was on as soon as I sat down, and that was it. Totally broken. Seeing Coisty and Gerrard.....that was hard to watch. It's just a surreal feeling. Have to say though, despite all the raw emotion I'm feeling....I've found myself 'watching' that clip of him in the tunnel in my head. "Are you fuckin trying to say Brian Laudrup canne play fitba........Here, Archie.....!". That was our Walter. 

He was/is, a very special part of our history. 

image.thumb.png.db9c5c2f935121c2e96d2df75aaa7c08.png