RIP Sir Walter

ForeverAndEver

I knew that he was seriously ill, but hadn't a clue that heย  was so close to the end. I thought "Theย  Gaffer" was indestructible but sadly, none of us are. It's just an omnipresent reminder of the relentless marching onwards of time when someone goes.

Utterly devastated.

Sleep well, Walter. You done no bad.

ย 

Such sad news you can see how respected the gaffer was when you read the tributes coming from all across the globe. The tributes reflect what a great family man he was and feel for his family.

He gave his all to the club and said it all when he gave up the Scotland job to come back and help us out. To win trophies in that period and get us to the Eufa cup final (with one hand tied behind his back financially) shows why he is our greatest manager ever. In fact he is and always will be Mr Rangers.

7 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

ย 

Mind this being played at Ibrox, HT during the DU game.ย 

Clearly a song he loved and a title that sums him up.ย 

(Sorry Walter if you think the song is shite :lol:)

Ricky Ross, the singer is a massive Dundee United fan.ย 

Another reason why if Walter did like this song it fits so well, considering he gave a lot of time to that club aswellย 

Still feel numb that heโ€™s gone and devastated I canโ€™t be there tonight due to covid, this man is the epitome of what our club stands for the class dignity and standards he has set in our club will be seen for generations to come, we really are lucky to have someone such as Gerrard at the helm just now thatโ€™s gets our club and will continue Walters work.ย 

Anyone else wake up nearly crying again. I am still a wreck and feel very emotional. I dont think i can sing tonigjt i will be a fucking mess.ย 

Soon as i see the blue gates i think that will be me tipped over the edge. Safe travels tonight bears.

4 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Anyone else wake up nearly crying again. I am still a wreck and feel very emotional. I dont think i can sing tonigjt i will be a fucking mess.ย 

Soon as i see the blue gates i think that will be me tipped over the edge. Safe travels tonight bears.

Got up immediately and got busy to keep occupied. Hoping today goes quickly.

The respect from the other side of the city is very good to see. Few tims in work where class last night and spoke about some old firm classics with Walter.ย  I am still in pieces i cant believe how badly this has effected us all. Never cried so much since my Gran passed away.

I just love this club and love all the fans also. So thankful my Granda showed me this great club it has grabbed me by the balls and everything i do and we do evolves around Rangers Football Club.

That last home game on a wet cold rainy night when Walter waves farewell i knew that was a special moment of being there to witness it. It was the end of an Era and everyone knew in that stadium they where lucky to be there to see such an iconic moment.

6 minutes ago, aird said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Laudrup as eloquent now as he was then. A legend praising a legend. Itโ€™s special to hear it from the overseas players and some real insights there as to what it meant to play for him and Rangers during that 9IAR period.ย