RIP Sir Walter

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Can we fuck off with any pish about the game tonight in Walters memory, this thread is to share discussion to honour the man, not to bring current form into any thoughts of our memories of him.

Very well said.

25 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Tonight made me think of that run of form under Walter, the start of the 2010-2011 Season.

1-0 down to St Johnstone. Win.

1-0 down to Accies. Win.

2-0 down to Aberdeen. Win.

1-0 down to Hearts. Win.

1-0 down to Motherwell. Win.

1-0 down to celtic. Win.

In a stretch of 7 games, we found a way to win and you always believed. Arguably the football wasn't as good as what it has been under Gerrard but the ball was always sucked into the net when it really needed to. How I miss that. 

Also toiling against Hibs until Weiss came on and changed the game, we didn't really click until about 25 minutes to go.

Didn't get to a single game that season but it remains my favourite ever. 

RFC55 likes this

I genuinely couldn't find the words to post since now. Watched tonight and bar the minutes silence still didn't feel real.

Had the team posters on the wall in my Dads house in the bedroom where I grew up from 86/87 until 96/97 and the constant there was Walter (and Jimmy Bell hence my profile picture).

This man gave me the best days of my life. Bar none. 

Had the pleasure of being in his company on a couple of occasions and he was the epitome of a gentleman, and a true and genuine Ranger.

Rest In Peace, Walter.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Also toiling against Hibs until Weiss came on and changed the game, we didn't really click until about 25 minutes to go.

Didn't get to a single game that season but it remains my favourite ever. 

Funnily enough I went to every game that Season. 

That Hibs game always sticks out in my mind, can remember walking back to the bus with my mate saying Weiss would be the new Laudrup. :lol: 

McEwan's Lager likes this

32 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Can we fuck off with any pish about the game tonight in Walters memory, this thread is to share discussion to honour the man, not to bring current form into any thoughts of our memories of him.

Show some fucking decorum.

I don’t usually agree with you Brian, but yes. 

Brian Fantana likes this

9 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Funnily enough I went to every game that Season. 

That Hibs game always sticks out in my mind, can remember walking back to the bus with my mate saying Weiss would be the new Laudrup. :lol: 

My abiding memory of that game was James Beattie desperately trying to run about but he was basically a sausage roll with legs. He was completely off the pace :lol: 

So many random things have popped into my mind in the last day. One picture I can't get out of my mind, must have been from the Rangers News from about 93 or 94, and its a picture from training where Walter is having a carry on playing air guitar and it was captioned something like 'Walter Van Halen'. I don't know where that has been hiding in the memory bank!

I still can’t believe your gone Walter ,you were everything that bleeds blue .When my Dad was running the youth football system in Dumbarton in the 80s onwards etc you always had time to hand over medals or send a player at the last minute.

Everything that is Rangers is you ,a truly beautiful man

RIP Sir from all the Millar’s

Spoke to my son yesterday, first time since Walter passed away. My son worshiped him. Walter's second stint was when my son started attending the games. There wasn't much said between us yesterday. Like all the Rangers family we're still hurting 😔 it's going to take a long time to get over his loss. A Rangers legend, but first and foremost a great man. 

35 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

He's going to be sadly missed by all but the man was a true gentleman in every sense of the word and did so much in my local community. He never thought he was above anyone and always had time for people. This is an article from our local paper which I think shows what a great man he was.

https://www.helensburghadvertiser.co.uk/news/19679553.walter-smith-ardencaple-chairman-pays-tribute-truly-great-man/

Great read that 

Bluekev and Albion like this