New Rangers museum - how does “Walter Smith House” sound?

Colin Traive

Has to be the Copland for me. He was at that end and walked down stairway 13 minutes before the crush on 2nd January 1971. It seems fitting that the Copland Road be renamed in memory of him and those who died that day. He's the only person who should be given that honour. A statue outside it as well.

We should be renaming the Copland Rd stand after him as a mark of respect for his achievements and dedication to our club.

I think that we should also be erecting a statue across from the main door looking towards the stadium. 

A truly tragic day for us all.

Thank you Sir Walter

8 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Would need to be the copland, the broomloan housing away fans named after him doesnt sit right with me, the copland named after him with a statue of him outside it as well

I agree. It should be the Walter Smith Copland end for the rest of time.

Copland should be named in his honour, that’s a given. Statue outside it too please. I think if the area in between is being developed as a walkway as part of the museum/Ed House plans, it could be named Walter Smith Way or something. Would be fitting if you can walk up his path, see his statue, then sit in his stand.