Walter Smith the Memories

scottyc06

Obviously today is a very sad day which is reflected in the main topic but what’s your fonder memories of Walter? From the absolute highs of Florence, the passion of belting Durranty & the comedy of that interview! What’s your best memories of Walter, footballing or not? 

The memories of coaching players like Gazza & Laudrup are unforgettable. 

But listening to SSB right now and Kenny Miller saying he made him feel 10ft tall reminded me of 2008. On paper, we had no right to get to Manchester with players like Dailly, Broadfoot etc but he brought the best out of them and every other player. He gained respect from everyone around him. A colossal of a man.

18 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

His second spell puts him into the same category as struth and Waddell. Walter was all I've ever known at Rangers. 

How he won us 3 league titles under the grip of the Bank I'll never know. Then to take that group of players to a European final incredible. 

There won't ever be another Walter Smith in the modern era he's the greatest. 

Fly high sir and thank you for some of the greatest memories I will always remember you xxx

This post brought a wee tear 💙

So many, UEFA CUP run, beating Lyon 3-0 and the 8 trophies.

One of my favourite memories was a spell we had in December 2009.

We played 4-4-2 with four strikers and played some amazing attacking football, destroyed every team we faced. Was key to us winning 2IAR.

1 hour ago, scottyc06 said:

image.gif.fb0180a31869d2db7dd86f8f6779d212.gif

I’ve been close to tears all day, but this has brung a smile to my face. If ever there was something to sum up Walter passion and didn’t suffer fools. He is and always will be a true legend that no one will be able to match.

“thanks for the memories” has never been so fitting 

10 minutes ago, 285miles said:

Going into each OF game knowing that under him a loss was unlikely 

Never felt like we were gonae lose.

But my memory Walter is a good one from here and it involves @GOAT

The big man losing his shit after a Dundee utd game, waxing lyrical how the fenians wouldn't do this or that and how they'd win the league :lol:

DIsn't turn out that way :lol:

The one abiding memory I have , from so many , is the one from the SC Semi Final at the bheastdome when Jorg Albertz waltzed half the length of the park and thundered that unstoppable shot into the roof of the net and the camera swings to the dugout and there is Walter Smith watching Albertz run intently and when the ball hits the net there is Walter punching the air and shouting "Ya Fuckin Beauty".

A moment I'll never ever forget.