With what is available, how does Gerrard change it?

The Ibrox Derry

16 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Gerrard mentioned something interesting in his post match presser about not liking the way we had to play to get back in the game against the sheep or words to that effect.. He likes us to control the game from the start. The problem with that is its a fine line in controlling a game to the point where we become passive. Maybe Gerrard and his staff should take the shackles of this team.

I think that’s where last year they played with no fear of messing up, this time round if they do something shite they’ll get a bad reaction from the crowd so they go sideways or backward.

19 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Gerrard mentioned something interesting in his post match presser about not liking the way we had to play to get back in the game against the sheep or words to that effect.. He likes us to control the game from the start. The problem with that is its a fine line in controlling a game to the point where we become passive. Maybe Gerrard and his staff should take the shackles of this team.

The only game I've seen so far we looked anything like our old selves was the first 60 minutes of the Hearts game. 

Quick one touch passing, good movement, and pressing them (high press) we've become totally static and predictable in the main, and seems any adventurous, free flowing play is being coached out of the players to a degree. 

If Kent can come back and hit some form it may add another dimension to our play that we are very much lacking. 

3 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

The only game I've seen so far we looked anything like our old selves was the first 60 minutes of the Hearts game. 

Quick one touch passing, good movement, and pressing them (high press) we've become totally static and predictable in the main, and seems any adventurous, free flowing play is being coached out of the players to a degree. 

If Kent can come back and hit some form it may add another dimension to our play that we are very much lacking. 

Football can be a simple game at times. There may be something in flooding players with so much info, tactics. The systems are so important that very rarely a player does something off the cuff..

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

Yes maybe you have a point, but after the first goal it looked like they wanted it more.

Sitting in the East Enclosure it was in front of me, but to be honest I would need to see both of their goals again because it all happens so quickly, I just at the moment cannot look at it. :sad:

The goalie, Goldson and Lundstram total fck up for the first one, then Goldson and Tav for the second one. Schoolboy stuff it was. 

21 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

The goalie, Goldson and Lundstram total fck up for the first one, then Goldson and Tav for the second one. Schoolboy stuff it was. 

Goldson was chief culprit with the first goal. He should never have made that pass to Lundstram with the Aberdeen player breathing down his neck, madness.

26 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

I did take that from the first one mate just not sure who was the worst offender, but as I say it happens so quickly and I was not sure about the second. I will have to have a look before long. 

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Couldn’t care less about either of them.

Is he better than what we have? Need to be an idiot to say NO to that.

Gilmour's built like the side of a fiver. He'd get the shit kicked out him up here. Fantasy stuff thinking he'd even entertain it. 

37 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I did take that from the first one mate just not sure who was the worst offender, but as I say it happens so quickly and I was not sure about the second. I will have to have a look before long. 

:tu: What baffles me really is the attitude that they think they just need to turn up to win. 

7 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

:tu: What baffles me really is the attitude that they think they just need to turn up to win. 

Very true, after how they have started this season surely it should be clear now they cannot just turn up and get 3 points.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

we have become really slow in possession, Gilmour passes quickly and accurately and then moves into space himself.

For me, it's a no-brainer.

Gilmour does that cause he's in a setup that allows that, you honestly think in a 433 that gilmour will have the same impact 

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Gilmour does that cause he's in a setup that allows that, you honestly think in a 433 that gilmour will have the same impact 

Of course I do. The kid is an immense talent and his work rate is better than anyone in the current team. We can't afford to buy a top midfielder so Gilmour makes sense from a 4 month cost factor to get us to the group stage win fall.

54 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Of course I do. The kid is an immense talent and his work rate is better than anyone in the current team. We can't afford to buy a top midfielder so Gilmour makes sense from a 4 month cost factor to get us to the group stage win fall.

Hows he doing at Norwich?

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Playing for a team who haven't won a game and probably have about 30% possession was never the right choice to improve his game. I said that at the time.  

So he's struggling and not getting a game maybe he's not good enough to make the next step.

Why bring a player who was not committed to Rangers even after coming through the academy who cant get a game for Norwich how will that improve us?

Player that wants to shoot from outside the box. 

Striker that can Head these crosses / Corners 

Midfielder that wants to take the ball and drive forward 

Find these 3 players in the squad and play them. 

Aggression and pressing - as mentioned in this thread already - needs to be upped considerably.  

Fit -Mobile midfielders that will cover the ground. Seem to leave a lot of space in there and opposition  given time.

Patterson to start for me - just for that application, enthusiasm,  drive. 

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

So he's struggling and not getting a game maybe he's not good enough to make the next step.

Why bring a player who was not committed to Rangers even after coming through the academy who cant get a game for Norwich how will that improve us?

If you don't think he is a good player, fine. About 95% of football fans would disagree with you.

Just now, bluenoz said:

If you don't think he is a good player, fine. About 95% of football fans would disagree with you.

Did you do a survey? as clearly he's been a bit of a let down at Norwich. If he cannot get a game for them what makes you think he will play for us?

Does this not scream panic even thinking about going after a player who had no desire to play for Rangers?

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Did you do a survey? as clearly he's been a bit of a let down at Norwich. If he cannot get a game for them what makes you think he will play for us?

Does this not scream panic even thinking about going after a player who had no desire to play for Rangers?

Did you see him play against Liverpool for Chelsea? Have you seen his Scotland performances?

His parents did what they thought was best for the young man's future. I have no idea if he would consider a loan move back to Rangers but neither do you.

There is no point arguing with you. You don't have an open mind.

As for players that are no committed to the club, if we never played those no committed to the club about half our first team would be missing.

Could never criticise young gilmour for taking the opportunity of potentially earning ten times what he might earn up here.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Did you see him play against Liverpool for Chelsea? Have you seen his Scotland performances?

His parents did what they thought was best for the young man's future. I have no idea if he would consider a loan move back to Rangers but neither do you.

There is no point arguing with you. You don't have an open mind.

Yes, I dont really get the hype he's a tidy player but looks weak and gets outmuscled easily, watched him in a youth game for Chelsea and he did not stand out.

I think he's been okay for Scotland but nothing more.

Why do you want a player who's not committed to Rangers to come back here, I just do not get that at all?

Just now, Smile said:

Yes, I dont really get the hype he's a tidy player but looks weak and gets outmuscled easily, watched him in a youth game for Chelsea and he did not stand out.

I think he's been okay for Scotland but nothing more.

Why do you want a player who's not committed to Rangers to come back here, I just do not get that at all?

I’d rather see what Kelly has to offer than bring gilmour back but after pre-season he hasn’t had a sniff which makes me think he isn’t up to it or at the very least the management don’t rate him or don’t want to take the gamble (they won’t even gamble playing bacuna)