Playing in front of crowds

GOAT

Simply pressure, the Jersey is far too heavy for some. We have players who would be mediocre league1, championship bottom end players who cannot cope with the demands.

Desperately in need of a Rangers born n bred Scottish player in the middle of the park. 20 games games a season Ryan jack ain't the answer...

Fuck all to do with crowds, that’s tarrier patter, think the pressure of everything and expectation got to the players tonight, throw in best defender (helander) best mid (Kent) and McGregor would have started tonight had sir Walter not have passed, we do need things to change tho, Hagi needs to stop trying to turn a man 2-3 times and pass the ball, Morelos needs to stay in the box and wait, yes the midfield constant trying to pass the ball into the box is fucking torture it times more,the ball needs put in quicker, rather than waiting until the balls it the by line.

I mean Tavernier stepping up to take that penalty took some big stones.. There was alot riding on it and someone who can't handle pressure simply doesn't score there.

Yeah he made a very costly individual error tonight by letting his man go.. But thats not down to the pressure from the crowd, its just piss poor concentration.

Tavernier, Goldson, Balogun, Barasic, Helander, Mclaughlin and even McGregor have all made some pretty big individual fuck ups this season... Most of those are hugely experienced players who have been playing infront of big crowds domestically and internationally for a very long time now. 

We simply have too many players off form and playing within themselves.  Confidence is clearly at an all time low and the players aren't fighting for each other right now. The spark just isn't there for whatever reason and I think blaming the crowds is simply taking the easy option.

For me its a lack of leadership and taking responsibility from the players. How many times do you see a player of ours actually say fuck this and grab a game by the scruff of the neck, take that shot first time, pass the ball taking less than 3 touches.

Im sure a lot of this is down to the coaching and possession is king attitude but how many times have we seen an opportunity for a player to shoot only for them to either shite it and pass or just get stuck in two minds and fuck it up doing neither. Lack of guts and conviction across the pitch. We need a barry ferguson type player in that midfield to get players fucking telt and to bollock them for 90 minutes. We are a team of quiet wee mouse players that you feel would jump at their own shadow half the time. Even morelos has lost his nasty streak ffs

29 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

I think people are scrambling for any reason to explain our poor form this season, and the crowd thing is the goto as it's perceived to be the only thing that's different from last season. Truth is, there's every chance that even if there were no crowds this season again then we'd still be as poor. 

We need to accept that last season is the one win in Gerrards tenure which makes it the abnormality and not the norm.

His success rate is not at levels of what expectancy is set at by most.

Of course it’s playing a part, they don’t go from being world beaters last year to the shite we’ve been seeing this season for no reason.

You ask yourself what’s changed, and to me it is the crowds, we couldn’t win anything prior to lockdowns and we seem to be back to our old selves performance wise now that crowds have returned. 

4 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Of course it’s playing a part, they don’t go from being world beaters last year to the shite we’ve been seeing this season for no reason.

You ask yourself what’s changed, and to me it is the crowds, we couldn’t win anything prior to lockdowns and we seem to be back to our old selves performance wise now that crowds have returned. 

It's a glaringly obvious thing that's changed, but come on.

These are professional footballers on a lot of money. As I said on the other thread, if it's indeed true that that's the problem it's Gerrard's job to fix it. And fix it promptly.

This shit about paying fans who out of all sources pay the most into the club being the problem just doesn't wash with me mate.

I think we have to realise that every player has an individual character 

Some will thrive in the big crowds and raise their game, some will be neither up nor down and their game will be the same in any environment …..and then there are some who will shirk under the pressure

i think we have all those types in our team. In the glory days we had very few shirkers. But I believe this squad have more than we can consistently compensate for. 

Folk say “well how come we have won in front crowds”? That’s when your shirkers have managed to muddle through on the backs of the others. 

Folk say “but it takes balls to come back” yeah collectively a team can come back but shirkers are going to make it harder. 

Even shirkers can shine but their average performance under pressure will be significantly poorer than their average performance when there is no pressure. 

59 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

There is some thing in this: look at us last year " Unstoppable" and played so well in Europe ! ( No crowds )

This year: playing shit in the league and in Europe ( crowds are back ) - Just makes you wonder- know what I mean ?

What about the year before crowds in and played so well in Europe? In fact our best performance came in Europe. 2 0 down to a Braga side who were flying only to win 3 2 and then go over there and guess what in front of a crowd to win.

If some cunts had brains they'd be dangerous 

7 hours ago, GOAT said:

Are we ready to accept our team that won all 18 of their 18 league games at ibrox last season actually shit the bed when there’s 50,000 people at ibrox now?

I’ve actually kept my mouth shut for weeks about this, but not anymore, our team can’t handle playing in front of the ibrox crowd at times, you seen it at 2-0 they absolutely shat themselves for five minutes and were lucky it wasn’t 3-0 if it wasn’t for a poor finish by one of they cunts. 

That’ll be the same team that at 2-0 down, at home, fought back to 2-2 - that’ll be the same team - what fucking utter nonsense! 

7 hours ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Maybe last season was the fluke, over half of gerrards wins against the sheep came last season, im sure he'll have something similar regarding hibs as well as maybe killie etc

53 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

That’ll be the same team that at 2-0 down, at home, fought back to 2-2 - that’ll be the same team - what fucking utter nonsense! 

The same team that could only draw at home to the sheep who had 5 defenders missing and scott brown as a sweeper, the same team that relied on a penalty for the draw, also a penalty away to st mirren to turn the tie and an offside goal at home to motherwell for a point 

That same team aye? 

I think certain players find it hard to play in front of the crowds, ie Tav and Goldson but there are other players that love it - Alfie and Kent come to mind. IMO it’s not the crowds that’s the problem this season. I think there has been too much chopping and changing. We don’t have a settled back 4. Goldson has been nowhere near good enough and him and Balogun don’t seem to have the same partnership as he and Helander do. 

8 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

We need to accept that last season is the one win in Gerrards tenure which makes it the abnormality and not the norm.

His success rate is not at levels of what expectancy is set at by most.

It's becoming very difficult to argue with this.

Think its more a case of the players had the season of their lives last season. when they went on a run, the belief was there to keep going, keep winning and knowing celtic were miles away even pretty early on in the season meant there was zero pressure. I think the system we played has been found out, and we just can't string a run of good performances together this year. Think some players expected to move on so they maybe aren't as psychologically invested in the club as last season, (Goldson STILL not renewing is obvious) and rotation of players isn't helping either - Dropping Helander after a great performance was baffling. We were very fortunate with injuries last season, whereas we haven't been this season really. 

I remember watching a video on Fakebook a couple of months ago, about 60's finals. Big Ron McKinnon said it was always nice to come out in front of big crowds, but once the whistle went, you had to forget about the crowd and concentrate on the game.  It seems some of our players are falling into this trap, as both goals yesterday were lack of concentration, as has been our poor starts recently.