Winning the title

KingKirk

8 minutes ago, King Jela said:

This season actually reminds me of Rodgers second season for them when they won the league without getting out of 2nd gear. 

Except they never had a challenge, we do and we can't seem to cope with a challenge. 

As wrong as it is I genuinely believe these players think this league is a cert. We've gambled as a club that we can win this league again without much real investment. 

A 30million gamble that could come back and bite us on the arse spectacularly. 

Gerrard spoke on trophy day about fixing the roof whilst the sun was out. We then signed lundstram, fashion and bacuna😂😂😂

I certainly was expecting better and with his comments recently I am sure was. 

League is obviously the only thing that matters given the rewards, but I can't see us winning fuck all this season. Considering the run of games between now and the winter break and the level of shite we've already dropped many points to, I don't see us staying top for much longer.

It's so shite if we don't win the league because it'll be like hitting the reset button on everything back to square one.

We aren’t the ones with momentum but still find ourselves top. You’re always going to try harder to get momentum back when you’ve lost the title and not trying to retain, so as long as we get our strongest 11 back we need to start motoring soon but we have said this since the start of the season. A game at a time but the New Year match is a big one.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Are u still confident? 

For me I still think we will get over the line but I think this will go down to games after the split. 

So frustrating but I kinda expected a huge hangover from last season. 

Yes, we are head and shoulders above anything else in this league. We are massively out of form and this is as bad as it gets, once we get going we will pull away.  

If that's the worst we play this season then yes we can still win the title.

But if this is just the start of a slide no we won't.

The passing today was atrocious the control was non existent and the defence, what defence?

Tavernier needs a spell on the bench as does Goldson bot terrible in the last few games.

No , not the way we're playing . 

December will be the defining moment with away games to Hearts , Hibs , Aberdeen and them .

I dont actually think that's necessarily a bad thing , as we seem to lift our game for the bigger occasion , but we need to get out of that lethargy that we've embroiled ourselves in since the start of the season.  

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

No , not the way we're playing . 

December will be the defining moment with away games to Hearts , Hibs , Aberdeen and them .

I dont actually think that's necessarily a bad thing , as we seem to lift our game for the bigger occasion , but we need to get out of that lethargy that we've embroiled ourselves in since the start of the season.  

What was last night and the game against Hearts? 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What was last night and the game against Hearts? 

I thought Hearts was the best we'd played all season , alas it proved to be a one off . 

I dont think home to hearts , and the sheep , will compare to the intensity the team will face to those 4 away games . 

Just now, gmcf said:

I thought Hearts was the best we'd played all season , alas it proved to be a one off . 

I dont think home to hearts , and the sheep , will compare to the intensity the team will face to those 4 away games . 

First 60-70 minutes against Hearts aye. 

1 hour ago, bluenose48 said:

If that's the worst we play this season then yes we can still win the title.

But if this is just the start of a slide no we won't.

The passing today was atrocious the control was non existent and the defence, what defence?

Tavernier needs a spell on the bench as does Goldson bot terrible in the last few games.

There's nobody to replace Goldson at the moment. Simpson is definitely not the answer and neither is moving Bassey in one.