Winning the title

KingKirk

I’m still confident we will do it. I know there were mixed opinions on  the importance of Jack but we are missing him, Helander and Kent at the moment. Three huge players for us with replacement’s in the side who are nowhere near as good as they are.

5 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

The amount of opportunities and goals we are giving teams is frightening.

See the face Goldson pulled after the first goal, it had loser written all over it, last season was a fucking freak for that cunt and I felt for big Leon beside him, There's part of me that want's Gerrard just to fuck off too because he's not going to call it out.

41 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

EVERY game is a big game if you want to win leagues

We look complacent (Goldson and Kamara being prime examples) and lack tempo for long periods of very game, particularly from the start.

We conceded 4 goals at Ibrox last season and have conceded 5 in 6 so far at home. Last season we pressed high and bombarded teams, this season we are too passive and look like we expect things to happen just because we're champions and better than our opponents.

If we don't rectify some simple things (tempo and attitude) starting on Sunday then we won't win the league

We have better players in most positions than the tarriers but their tempo and attitude is way better than ours at the moment

It's up to Gerrard, the coaches and the players to sort it and sort it fast

Yeah , good post .

I agree with you , we've been complacent all season and its probably the biggest threat to us winning the league . And its going to have to get sorted pretty quick . 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kamara and Morelos are my two favourite players but theirs, and Goldsons, Heads look turned.

Davis looks burnt out, Arfield looks done.

The constant chopping and changing of the keepers.

All major factors in this season so far.

It‘a giving off massive Smith and McLeish’s last season vibes where you feel like or know that a big change is coming at the end of the season both in terms of who’s in the dugout and who’s on the park making up the starting 11 and everybody is just sort killing time until that time comes.

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’m still confident we will do it. 

I know there were mixed opinions on Jack but we are missing Helander, Jack and Kent at the moment. Three huge players for us with replacement’s in the side who are nowhere near as good as they are.

All 3 are huge misses

Helander is our best central defender by a distance. We need him back asap, especially with Balogun heading off to the African Nations. It mystified me why we never tried Balogun and Helander at any point as Goldson makes more errors than either imo but seems undroppable.

We are just a more balanced team and Tav is far more effective with Jack in the team, covering his space when needed. He plays that role brilliantly. Worry for me is how long he's been out of action although he does tend to find his feet fairly quickly

Kent is our most dangerous player by a distance (when on form) we struggle to create from open play when he's missing

We will definitely be more solid and more dangerous when these three return, in the meantime we need to get the tempo and attitude sorted without them, starting on Sunday

2 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

All 3 are huge misses

Helander is our best central defender by a distance. We need him back asap, especially with Balogun heading off to the African Nations. It mystified me why we never tried Balogun and Helander at any point as Goldson makes more errors than either imo but seems undroppable.

We are just a more balanced team and Tav is far more effective with Jack in the team, covering his space when needed. He plays that role brilliantly. Worry for me is how long he's been out of action although he does tend to find his feet fairly quickly

Kent is our most dangerous player by a distance (when on form) we struggle to create from open play when he's missing

We will definitely be more solid and more dangerous when these three return, in the meantime we need to get the tempo and attitude sorted without them, starting on Sunday

Because neither Helander nor Balogun can play passes through the lines and our style of play means we'd be absolutely fucked if Goldson didn't play - he's the only one in the back 4 (and the midfield, it would appear) that can play direct forward passes. 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Because neither Helander nor Balogun can play passes through the lines and our style of play means we'd be absolutely fucked if Goldson didn't play - he's the only one in the back 4 (and the midfield, it would appear) that can play direct forward passes. 

And he’s the only one that’s consistently fit. Cunts screaming for him to be binned would be going off their nut with Balogun and Bassey or Simpson at the back. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

And he’s the only one that’s consistently fit. Cunts screaming for him to be binned would be going off their nut with Balogun and Bassey or Simpson at the back. 

100%. I never want to see Simpson in a Rangers jersey ever again. Not even our B team, genuinely. Punt him to fuck.

The league is nowhere near over but, unless something changes, we will not win it, we’re simply nowhere near good enough.  We look like dropping points every week and, whilst we all had a chuckle at their start to the season, they aren’t conceding many now and getting goals - we’re the opposite. I still think they are bang average but so is the rest of the league and we should be going after teams in this shithole the way they do. 

The comparison to them last season for us is worrying. It’s also exactly like Q1 of 2020 where the team capitulated and Gerrard had no idea how to stop the demise. I’m sick of hearing the same excuses from him, he carries himself with class but he needs to change something or we are fucked, not just short term. 

Our team look bereft of ideas, no real structure to the play and too happy playing passive, pitty-patty crap.  We’re rarely on the front foot and conceding week in week out (when they’ve just set a clean sheet record the season before) is terrible. We look as soft as a baby’s first shite. 

Horrendous dealings in the transfer market haunting us as well, if anyone isn’t worried by what we’re seeing then they need to wake up pretty quickly. 

We still have to go to Pittodrie, Easter Road, Tynecastle and Fir Park. They've been to them all.

We need to find form rapidly before the December run of fixtures. Praying Kent comes back and hits the ground running.

I just get the feeling we are papering over the cracks at the moment.

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Simpson still being at the club let alone of the bench last night tells you everything about the standard of player Gerrard agrees with.

The obvious problem is pace and intensity.  The build up play is so slow and too many touches.

Goldson and Tavernier have been huge let downs given what they did last season.

A lot of our good stuff came from Goldson being a spare midfielder meaning the whole team were 10 yards further forward.

Also Tavernier basically has forgotten how to get beyond the half way line. Last season he had at least 5/6 goals by now from tap ins in the 6 yard box. He’s not interested at all playing that high this season.

When Gerrard came in he wanted to play similar to Liverpool with quick wide players making runs centrally overlapping the striker. We now don't have any width, we don't have any pace and we certainly don't have anyone making runs beyond our striker. He needs to find the personnel that will best suit this style of play as things are far too laboured. 

Everything is congested in the middle of the park, we have our middle 3, 2 wide players always too narrow and our striker that drops deep. You could throw a blanket over the 6 of them at times. 

If Gerrard doesn't fix this soon then it won't matter what he achieved last season as he'll be on his way out. 

9 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

We still have to go to Pittodrie, Easter Road, Tynecastle and Fir Park. They've been to them all.

We need to find form rapidly before the December run of fixtures. Praying Kent comes back and hits the ground running.

I just get the feeling we are papering over the cracks at the moment.

Add the piggery to that list too. 

24 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Last night he couldn't play passes forward, the cunt couldn't even header the ball back the way it came from, I for one hope he's punted in January.

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Goldson's distribution this season has been dreadful. He's not alone in that but if that's the key reason for him being undroppable then its a poor call. His form has been poor all season and he looks like his heads gone at times. It's a moot point as Helander is injured and we have no option but to persevere and hope he gets his game back (including his passing)

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I never suggested Balogun with Bassey or Simpson, I suggested Balogun and Helander which would (and would have in the past) give Goldson a rest and/or a boot up the arse when his form dipped

I'm not screaming for him to be binned, just that he, like every other player should never be undroppable. He currently is due to a lack of options so, as I said before, it's a moot point but if/when both Balogun and Helander are available I'd be dropping Goldson on current form

12 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Last night he couldn't play passes forward, the cunt couldn't even header the ball back the way it came from, I for one hope he's punted in January.

He's not getting punted.

The club made the decision in the summer if he doesn't sign a new contract he can go for free at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, the cry was no said:

I never suggested Balogun with Bassey or Simpson, I suggested Balogun and Helander which would (and would have in the past) give Goldson a rest and/or a boot up the arse when his form dipped

I'm not screaming for him to be binned, just that he, like every other player should never be undroppable. He currently is due to a lack of options so, as I said before, it's a moot point but if/when both Balogun and Helander are available I'd be dropping Goldson on current form

Never said you did. 

Plenty screaming for Goldson to be dropped during and after the game last night. Both at Ibrox and if you scan through the match thread.