Winning the title

KingKirk

Just now, the cry was no said:

I never suggested Balogun with Bassey or Simpson, I suggested Balogun and Helander which would (and would have in the past) give Goldson a rest and/or a boot up the arse when his form dipped

I'm not screaming for him to be binned, just that he, like every other player should never be undroppable. He currently is due to a lack of options so, as I said before, it's a moot point but if/when both Balogun and Helander are available I'd be dropping Goldson on current form

I don’t think he’s ever played Balogun and Helander together even when both fit but it’s a pairing which should have been given a run

46 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It‘a giving off massive Smith and McLeish’s last season vibes where you feel like or know that a big change is coming at the end of the season both in terms of who’s in the dugout and who’s on the park making up the starting 11 and everybody is just sort killing time until that time comes.

Yup.

Make no mistake, if we don’t win league then Gerrard and co will be off and there will be a fire sale of players with a fraction going towards new players.

Other worry is that Ross Wilson will almost be in charge of it all.

3 hours ago, They Gnu said:

We whipped in some great crosses last night but have nobody to put hem away and that’s been our problem all season, we simply aren’t scoring enough goals.

the managerial team should be able to identify that and adjust tactics to suit the players we have available. 

1 hour ago, superallysbears said:

See the face Goldson pulled after the first goal, it had loser written all over it, last season was a fucking freak for that cunt and I felt for big Leon beside him, There's part of me that want's Gerrard just to fuck off too because he's not going to call it out.

Not having that tbh. Poor from you.

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He's not getting punted.

The club made the decision in the summer if he doesn't sign a new contract he can go for free at the end of the season.

I hope someone offers money in January for him, that last night was enough for me, absolute carthorse who thinks he's way better than he is.

5 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I hope someone offers money in January for him, that last night was enough for me, absolute carthorse who thinks he's way better than he is.

Mate, even if someone offers money. The club have made the decision we'd rather keep him and try to win the league and get access to the CL than sell him for a few million £ in January. The Athletic have reported this for weeks

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Saying you don't rate a Rangers player is different from calling him a cunt. Poor.

He made a cunt of us last night when his head should have been right on it considering the circumstances, listening to those sheep fans rip the pish from start to finish was down to him.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Mate, even if someone offers money. The club have made the decision we'd rather keep him and try to win the league and get access to the CL than sell him for a few million £ in January. The Athletic have reported this for weeks

I get the thinking behind what your saying but it'll back fire spectacularly imo.

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Keen to know the success rate on the big punt right to left Goldson does constantly.  If that's a coached tactic, I don't think it's reaping the rewards.

Goldson is capable of finding a man with a long pass and should use that more often when we’re being pressed. The long cross ball passes he hit last night certainly retained possession but didn’t open anything up for us. For that to work the player receiving the pass has to shift it quicker.

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

Goldson is capable of finding a man with a long pass and should use that more often when we’re being pressed. The long cross ball passes he hit last night certainly retained possession but didn’t open anything up for us. For that to work the player receiving the pass has to shift it quicker.

Yip, for the amount of times he does it and we don't actually get anything from it.  Has to be a coaching issue.  Something not clicking as it should.

Just now, TheBluebells said:

That's the thing, the ability is there, we've seen us play amazing football but there is zero urgency or fight in that team at the minute and it's worrying.

The failure starts from the pedestrian pace we play from the back, it allows the opposition to get everyone back, then we play in front of their defensive block, with no one willing to have a dig preferring to take the easy square ball option.

Despite some horrendous performances we are still top of the league. It is frustration that is leading to this doom and gloom outlook that many have. We know we can play much better than we have been this season.

We can still get number 56 and the riches that come with it but we are definitely going to have to do it the hard way.