Winning the title

KingKirk

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

The failure starts from the pedestrian pace we play from the back, it allows the opposition to get everyone back, then we play in front of their defensive block, with no one willing to have a dig preferring to take the easy square ball option.

Seen a few posts similar to this. 

At what point do we stop blaming the players and actually start asking serious questions of the management team. At the end of the day the players are only carrying out the tactics and instructions they are told to?? Or does Gerrard and Co still have a free 0ass from last season?? 

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Pretty spot on, especially the bit about our full backs. So much came from that area last season but everyone and their granny's have figured out how to stop that and this management team haven't changed one thing from the last few games to counter that. Worrying.

There are simple glaringly obvious thing's to change which aren't being done. The high press has disappeared, we got so much joy last season from that but it seems we are too cautious now and only 3 players seem to press. Also pushing your full backs right up the park and having a central mid dropping in behind them pushes them back.

We played a team in the europa league last year who completely had us sussed out before a ball was kicked.  (Memory is shit !)
Pressing us in certain areas & cutting off our preferred routes forward.   
Also over ran us in midfield.  
The template from that game is being continually copied by our opponents & we continually show little signs of providing an answer to it.  

2 sloppy goals conceded last night and one against Hearts the other week, that's what cost us the full six points. Goldson needs dropped,Che won't commit long term then his head can't be in it 100%. Get Helander fit and for fuck sake get Katic back.

It can quickly change within a game or two, but right now the fenians are favourites.

Tougher start to the season and they're outscoring us by a mile.

I love Morelos but you're going to struggle to win a league when you're main striker isn't scoring and winning you games. Would be interested to know his numbers on distance run, high intensity sprints, top speed etc. this season compared to at his best, because physically he looks like he's playing like Shearer at 35 and about to retire.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It can quickly change within a game or two, but right now the fenians are favourites.

Tougher start to the season and they're outscoring us by a mile.

I love Morelos but you're going to struggle to win a league when you're main striker isn't scoring and winning you games. Would be interested to know his numbers on distance run, high intensity sprints, top speed etc. this season compared to at his best, because physically he looks like he's playing like Shearer at 35 and about to retire.

Would be a fucking riddy if they beat us to the league this year it would be shameful

Yes still confident we will win the league but there is no doubt it is going to be more difficult than what we envisaged / hoped at the start of the season.

After the 1st round of fixtures we are top, granted we should be a lot further in front due to the 3 draws at home recently.

We haven’t been anyway near where we can be and think we will probably continue to stagger along a bit without any great fluency until Europe is out the way, there does look to be a staleness / apathy / lethargy about our play which they need to snap out of sooner rather than later.

Need to make sure we are ahead of the filth after the game at the Piggery and then push on.

30 minutes ago, ayro said:

Yes still confident we will win the league but there is no doubt it is going to be more difficult than what we envisaged / hoped at the start of the season.

After the 1st round of fixtures we are top, granted we should be a lot further in front due to the 3 draws at home recently.

We haven’t been anyway near where we can be and think we will probably continue to stagger along a bit without any great fluency until Europe is out the way, there does look to be a staleness / apathy / lethargy about our play which they need to snap out of sooner rather than later.

Need to make sure we are ahead of the filth after the game at the Piggery and then push on.

There’s no denying that we haven’t played well in the first round of games but ultimately we are still sitting top.

They are clearly the team in better form at the moment, and the chances are they will go top in the next few weeks, but there will be a time where the start to struggle too, it’s natural over the course of a 38 game season.

There’s still loads of games left and there are going to be twists and turns, both negative and positive, that’s the nature of football, especially with two relatively evenly matched teams who are on as close to an equal footing as they have been in a decade.

It’s frankly embarrassing to see people effectively conceding the league and panicking to the level they are at the moment. It makes you wonder how they coped in seasons where it’s gone right down to the wire tbh.

17 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

There’s no denying that we haven’t played well in the first round of games but ultimately we are still sitting top.

They are clearly the team in better form at the moment, and the chances are they will go top in the next few weeks, but there will be a time where the start to struggle too, it’s natural over the course of a 38 game season.

There’s still loads of games left and there are going to be twists and turns, both negative and positive, that’s the nature of football, especially with two relatively evenly matched teams who are on as close to an equal footing as they have been in a decade.

It’s frankly embarrassing to see people effectively conceding the league and panicking to the level they are at the moment. It makes you wonder how they coped in seasons where it’s gone right down to the wire tbh.

The panic comes from expectations that they were going to be a car crash and we will continue to dominate, unfortunately our slip ups have allowed them to settle rather piling the pressure on.

Reality is their overhaul is starting to settle and with his all out attack philosophy they will generally win a few more than they lose.

IMO we need to ignore them and blank out a lot of the noise, get back to doing what we do well and get the confidence level back up starting with this weekend’s fixture.

There’s some amount of bed wetters on here. I appreciate with everything that went on since 2012 we’ll all have a bit of  PTSD but people need to remember it’s not normal to run away with the league without challenge.

Last year for us and Rogers’ two seasons for them are outliers. A normal season should be run much closer.

The fact is we’re still top and we’ve only just completed the first round of 4 games against everyone.

I’m not saying people aren’t right to be annoyed/concerned with our form - although arguably it goes a bit beyond form given that it’s been all season - but it’s hardly time to concede the league to the bheasts.

It seems we’ve forgotten what it feels like to be on top and have a fight on our hands.

No, not if our form continues. The filth are starting to find form and ours has stuttered all season. We should be at least 8 points clear but have allowed them within 2 during a period where they were in transition.

The signings look pretty poor to me, and I can’t help but wonder if Lundstram has disrupted both the balance of the team and  the dressing room harmony (whispers about high wages).

It seems so long ago that we were saying all we need to do is get one or two quality players in, and that the filth were a number of seasons behind in their rebuild.

I suppose there is always the possibility that our squad size will pull us through when injurys start to mount to teams but we couldn’t get past a weakened Aberdeen so perhaps that is just wishful thinking.

The next quarter of the season will reveal whether we as a team have the wherewithal to win the title again. It doesn’t look overly positive at the moment but we all know how fast things can change in football. Fingers crossed we’ll be galvanised by the two Ryans.

23 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Agreed. Scored a lovely hat trick last night v Alloa. Too good to be in the B team.

Alloa had eight first team players out plus this is only his third game for the B team, How many times have you watched him play?

1 hour ago, BigDak said:

There’s some amount of bed wetters on here. I appreciate with everything that went on since 2012 we’ll all have a bit of  PTSD but people need to remember it’s not normal to run away with the league without challenge.

Last year for us and Rogers’ two seasons for them are outliers. A normal season should be run much closer.

The fact is we’re still top and we’ve only just completed the first round of 4 games against everyone.

I’m not saying people aren’t right to be annoyed/concerned with our form - although arguably it goes a bit beyond form given that it’s been all season - but it’s hardly time to concede the league to the bheasts.

It seems we’ve forgotten what it feels like to be on top and have a fight on our hands.

We literally got gave the best set of round 1 fixtures we could have asked for while the tarriers got the hardest, we’re ahead by 2 points. 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We literally got gave the best set of round 1 fixtures we could have asked for while the tarriers got the hardest, we’re ahead by 2 points. 

Fair enough, of the harder teams we’ve had the more home games against - in fact all home games, I suppose.

But that doesn’t mean we’re going to lose all of our away games in the next round of fixtures.

I’ll wait until the New Year before I start to get worried.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I don’t think people actually realise that yet. 

They’ve been to Motherwell, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and us and won 3 lost 2. 

Granted they’ll be doing that again January-March but we’re doing it next from December to January whilst they have very favourable games and on current form it could be a very long 8 weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Can't believe the scum did drop 11 points and we have shat the bed.

Games like DU away can occur, but throwing away 6 points at home has put us in a title challenge. Should be 8 clear of the scum right now.

Not a disaster BUT this side needs a settled formation and an upturn in performances or come December we could be off top spot.

Come December? come 5pm tomorrow we will probably be sitting 3rd that should focus a few minds. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Can't believe the scum did drop 11 points and we have shat the bed.

Games like DU away can occur, but throwing away 6 points at home has put us in a title challenge. Should be 8 clear of the scum right now.

Not a disaster BUT this side needs a settled formation and an upturn in performances or come December we could be off top spot.

I’ve said for weeks come the end of November we probably needed to be at least 9 in front to give us a little bit of a buffer going into that period. 

I can’t believe going into that run we’ll more than likely be 2nd which is honestly incredible. 

Maybe it just because the optimism from last season or maybe I just have always been a half full glass type of dude, but I really thought we would be at least 10 points clear at the top of the table by now.

We are in a dog fight for sure and if we don't get our heads out of our asses, stop going down early, etc we wil be lucky to be in shot of winning the fucking cup, nevermind the league.