Winning the title

KingKirk

5 hours ago, BigDak said:

There’s some amount of bed wetters on here. I appreciate with everything that went on since 2012 we’ll all have a bit of  PTSD but people need to remember it’s not normal to run away with the league without challenge.

Last year for us and Rogers’ two seasons for them are outliers. A normal season should be run much closer.

The fact is we’re still top and we’ve only just completed the first round of 4 games against everyone.

I’m not saying people aren’t right to be annoyed/concerned with our form - although arguably it goes a bit beyond form given that it’s been all season - but it’s hardly time to concede the league to the bheasts.

It seems we’ve forgotten what it feels like to be on top and have a fight on our hands.

I think to be honest the biggest thing on most people minds, even if not conscious of it, is that we do not have confidence in the management team to change things other than personnel. If the opposition do have a firm view of how we will play then they will have a firm view of how to best nullify that with the players they have.  

Realistically we still have a far better team man for man than the scum and not many teams will win a title race playing the way they do. Although I’ve absolutely no faith in Gerrard’s ability to arrest a slide and instil the mentality in these players to keep playing without fear when things aren’t going our way.  Certain managers just can’t turn things around once they start going downhill and based on what was happening pre covid and what’s happening now I’m starting to get that impression from him. We’ve been abject from the word go this season with no sign of anything changing anytime soon 

51 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Realistically we still have a far better team man for man than the scum and not many teams will win a title race playing the way they do. Although I’ve absolutely no faith in Gerrard’s ability to arrest a slide and instil the mentality in these players to keep playing without fear when things aren’t going our way.  Certain managers just can’t turn things around once they start going downhill and based on what was happening pre covid and what’s happening now I’m starting to get that impression from him. We’ve been abject from the word go this season with no sign of anything changing anytime soon 

I'm not sure tbh. We are lacking quality all over the pitch just now and the alternative options are poor imo. 

Kent Jack and Helander will obviously be a huge help, but it's unlikely they will hit the ground running.

Our experience should be an advantage over celtic who have alot of new players but I have my doubts the same as you about the team and manager stopping a rot. 

9 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Hoping we can put in a performance in the semi and then on to the final to win the cup would hopefully give us momentum back 

Honestly, a strong win on Sunday and a win over Ross County before with internationals would change the mood alot. Would keep us top at least. Can we find it though? The awful displays have caught up with us we need to play much better.

Unless we change something in the set up then I can't see it. 

We are ridiculously predictable to the point if another manager can't set his team up no nullify us then there's something wrong. It's stagnant

We have Kemar Roofe (arguably one of our best players) going the majority of games non-existent partly down to the way were playing and possess creative talent like Aribo and Hagi getting blocked out through our predictable set up and ways of playing.

Gerrard needs to throw a fucking curveball and mix things up or I can't see this season being a good one.

3 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

We are ridiculously predictable to the point if another manager can't set his team up no nullify us then there's something wrong. It's stagnant

We have Kemar Roofe (arguably one of our best players) going the majority of games non-existent partly down to the way were playing and possess creative talent like Aribo and Hagi getting blocked out through our predictable set up and ways of playing.

Gerrard needs to throw a fucking curveball and mix things up or I can't see this season being a good one.

Need someone to run in behind. Teams just close I'm on us as they know we won't do that. Morelos on the shoulder of there defenders on Sunday and try a few balls in behind and we will look a better side imo 

I'm not sure what to make of what's going on at the moment. We were always going to hit a "sticky patch" when things conspired against us - loss of form, key absences,  players on international duty, bedding in of new players and so on-and we dropped points. I just hope this has been it.

There are times this season when we were all panicking as a support. 

Long way to go to though. 

I will only feel confident if/when our best our best midfielder, defender, and winger are back match fit and we shift up a gear or 3.

Dying for them to be fit.

55 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

International break can’t come quick enough tbh 2 wins before it then have 2 weeks to get our act together hopefully 

Pish. Nothing will change after the international break. How many times this season have we thought certain games would kick-start the season and we've scrapped by or dropped points. Nothing changes until Gerrard, Beale etc change 

Our current problems are quite simple to diagnose...

1. A significant number of our squad lacks confidence.

2. A significant number of our squad would rather be somewhere else.

That's it...simples..no need for Columbo over it.

How do you fix it? 

Over to Gerrard, the team and yourselves lol but all our current issues are due to pure football psychology.

22 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Pish. Nothing will change after the international break. How many times this season have we thought certain games would kick-start the season and we've scrapped by or dropped points. Nothing changes until Gerrard, Beale etc change 

Unfortunately very true. Beat the taigs and Hibs just before international breaks. Thought we would finally push on and ended playing worse football. 

Never know might get Kent and Jack back. 

54 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

He's 19. Morelos was only slightly older than that when we got him. Don't know why our youth players are always considered young when they are like 22 etc

22 is young for a footballer.

Also Morelos was signed for £1m and had a good goalscoring record, this boy is a freebie signed for the B team. Not comparable.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

22 is young for a footballer.

Also Morelos was signed for £1m and had a good goalscoring record, this boy is a freebie signed for the B team. Not comparable.

No it's not. You know where you are at 22. Obviously Prso etc came onto a game later in their career but it's very unusual for a 22 year old who hasn't broke through at a club to do it 

5 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

No it's not. You know where you are at 22. Obviously Prso etc came onto a game later in their career but it's very unusual for a 22 year old who hasn't broke through at a club to do it 

Of course it is, most players don't break into a first team til they/re probably 19/20 giving them only a couple of years experience by the time they're 22.

4 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Your use of that word got me thinking 

Gerrard was partial to throwing the odd curveball almost Walter style though not always successfully it must be said in the earlier part of his time with us, I wonder what happened to that