January transfer window.

6superbarry6

10 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

image.gif.005f8757539fdb35eb6b0432f68f2391.gifWe need this guy and bags of cash.

Realistically we need some clubs to purchase our underperforming players for over their market value and Mark Wilson to have a wee black book of affordable replacements who instantly improve the starting 11.

Probably best to stick with Jesus.

I have to ask Dave, who? 

Tried staying away from this thread cause I knew I'd get more pissed aff. Some People must think money grows on big blue trees. Hope the same people don't act surprised when they see how bad our financials are.

Regarding the defence, I'm no sure that's the area I'd focus on. We could bring in Maldini and Beckenbauer but it still won't help us create chances and score from open play which is where we are really struggling.

8 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Priority should be getting what we can for Goldson and replacing him.

He has completely chucked it. Can fuck off to West Brom or Norwich or whatever diddy club he's going to end up at.

He’s never had good concentration levels can be focused one minute and in la la land the next but apart from him bottom line cash needing spent on improvements.

59 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Last year we defended from the front, it paid off. What the fuck has happened to that? 

We need someone to replace Goldson, but we need to stop this 6 yard pass shite on the box at a goal kick 

Jumped about a bit there but head is fried 

I think the hard and high press has been ditched this season for fitness and injury maintenance reasons.

We only press if we need to once we get a few subs on at the end of the game.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The cure to all of our ills..

Joe Rothwell who has scored a sensational 8 goals in 122 games for Blackburn.

That’s if we can fight off Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and City.

It all feels very Warburtonesque at the moment 

By the time we get to January we'll either be well out the title race, possible given our current form and run of fixtures

Or we'll be in a comfortable place in the title race with our current squad of players (which will mean an upturn in fortunes) & the board won't feel the need to spend.

Either way, we won't be signing anything major in January unless something crazy happens e.g. Morelos gets sold.

8 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

By the time we get to January we'll either be well out the title race, possible given our current form and run of fixtures

Or we'll be in a comfortable place in the title race with our current squad of players (which will mean an upturn in fortunes) & the board won't feel the need to spend.

Either way, we won't be signing anything major in January unless something crazy happens e.g. Morelos gets sold.

Even then, can you see anyone posting upwards of 10million for Alfie? 

3 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Even then, can you see anyone posting upwards of 10million for Alfie? 

Honestly aye I could, especially in the January window & especially if we are out the title race, the board will look to sell

On current form & with our next round of fixtures we could easily be out of things by the time we play them next

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Can have all the options in the world. If Helander comes back then its him and Goldson at the back with Balogun on the bench. Bringing Katic back to sit in the stands won't do him any good at all.

And if Helander or anyone else gets injured we find ourselves in trouble. 

I get his development may not be helped but we've so much on the line this season we need to keep ourselves covered, we've seen already how much trouble at the back an injury or 2 causes. 

Going to need to find someone to put the ball in the net - I’d also recall Itten as he atleast allows us to go back to front instead of the current laboured side ways passing.

Said in the summer window but I’d also go for Lewis Ferguson - Nothing to do with last night. Davis looks done, Kamara + Lundstram are defensive minded. We need someone with energy, closing down, can run with the ball - Hes young enough that we could improve him.

Badly need to offload the hangers on - Barker, Hastie and I’d also throw Simpson into that mix. If Morelos has his mind elsewhere I’d try and cash in. 

Until we get Helander/Katic back we r stuck with Goldson as the alternatives are much worse…..

I hope we can shift someone in Jan. Honestly don't get the hype over Hagi and if any offers come in even half of the rumoured fees we should be biting hands off. Kent coming back is a boost and call up Alegria. Instead we will by another holding midfielder who won't do fuck all. Desperate for someone who plays off the strikers who creates and scores.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I hope we can shift someone in Jan. Honestly don't get the hype over Hagi and if any offers come in even half of the rumoured fees we should be biting hands off. Kent coming back is a boost and call up Alegria. Instead we will by another holding midfielder who won't do fuck all. Desperate for someone who plays off the strikers who creates and scores.

I think we have plenty of players capable of playing like that, mainly Aribo, Hagi and Kent.

I think the problem is we just play with absolutely no freedom at all. They are all coached and instructed to within an inch of their lives. You look at the likes of Jota, Rogic, Turnbull and Kyogo across the city and they play like players who have been let off the leash and told to go and influence and win a game.

The only player who ever feels like that for us at the moment is Kent.

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Kind of hoping a returning fit Ryan Kent will have the impact of a new signing, same can be said for Ryan Jack. Kent gives us a different dimension to the offensive line with his pace and unpredictability and Jack moves the midfield up a level imo. Hopefully SG can assess how the team perform on their return and if able to do so strengthen to compliment our strongest 11 if required come January…

3 points seperate the top four, few people expect Hearts and Dundee United to stay the distance, but if the do, then it's not just the league at risk, the CL qualifiers will be at risk as well.

Obviously we don't want serious financial problems, but we still need to speculate to accumulate.

18 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Going to need to find someone to put the ball in the net - I’d also recall Itten as he atleast allows us to go back to front instead of the current laboured side ways passing.

Said in the summer window but I’d also go for Lewis Ferguson - Nothing to do with last night. Davis looks done, Kamara + Lundstram are defensive minded. We need someone with energy, closing down, can run with the ball - Hes young enough that we could improve him.

Badly need to offload the hangers on - Barker, Hastie and I’d also throw Simpson into that mix. If Morelos has his mind elsewhere I’d try and cash in. 

Until we get Helander/Katic back we r stuck with Goldson as the alternatives are much worse…..

Worrying thing for me is how they managed to get signed in the first place, we've got more players that you can't rely on than you can rely on