If you could change one result

scottyc06

20 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Marseille, would have finally got to play both Hately and McCoist up front in the final after not having the both of them playing together for one reason or another all through the group stages, I'm certain that would have seen us having a great chance in the final.

You would need to have magically fixed McCoist's broken leg...

8 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

:britney:

I think I know where he’s going here. Brilliant for us on the day, prob gave us too much belief for the following season. Also they actually woke up, binned dilia, got rodgers who revitalised them for the next 2.5-3 years.

either that or it’s a wind up! 

18 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

I think I know where he’s going here. Brilliant for us on the day, prob gave us too much belief for the following season. Also they actually woke up, binned dilia, got rodgers who revitalised them for the next 2.5-3 years.

All for a final we didn't win. Not at all saying Warburton would've won the league first time in asking but the tarriers got that wake up call with Deila too early.

Manchester

Watched the 09/10 season review the other day and I really wish we didn’t rest players in the cup replay against Dundee United. Celtic lost 4-0 to St Mirren the same day and we would have definitely won the treble if we played the strongest XI and got through.

Not even a debate in my mind. Has to be Manchester. Winning the UEFA cup at that time with that squad would have been not only a remarkable achievement but could potentially have brought additional finances and more exposure to the club and players at the time. 

Marseille would be a nice one to change, but we still would have had to beat AC Milan in the final and there are no guarantees there. 

Nothing domestically really matters as much as iconic Euro runs. We should be winners or runners up in all comps domestically every year. Europe we are punching well above our weight. 

3 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

I get that but it's still an absolutely ridiculous shout.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Either manchester in 08 or the new years OF game on 98, their first new year win in a decade and it gave them the momentum to catxhus and stop the 10 (i know we fucked it as well, but that result gave them hope and belief) 

That OF game was horrible sure we started with Gazza on the bench and then sold him afterwards which IMO wrote off 10.

He was unfit and not playing well but still had those moments of genius that would have dragged us over the line.