If you could change one result

scottyc06

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Plus they keep deila and dont improve like they did with rodgers, we dont get gerrard and front load his squad to win the league, 

But if deila was still there then odds are we win the league sooner so Gerrard becomes irrelevant 

16 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I'm torn between Manchester and against Marseille. Both would have been incredible victories for us.

Marseille probably edges it for me as if we beat them, we would have overcome their match fixing and shown that cheats shouldn't be rewarded. Confident we would have beaten Milan in that final. In Manchester we were shattered.

Has to be Marseille for me. It would have given us a proper shot at the EC against Milan in the final.

17 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I'm torn between Manchester and against Marseille. Both would have been incredible victories for us.

Marseille probably edges it for me as if we beat them, we would have overcome their match fixing and shown that cheats shouldn't be rewarded. Confident we would have beaten Milan in that final. In Manchester we were shattered.

I don't think we would have beaten Milan. Milan battered Marseille in the final and were really unlucky / the refereeing was dodgy.

They dominated possession, missed a whole host of chances and Barthez pulled off a series of really good saves.

Boli done van Basten studs up from behind, Rijkaard got called offside when he was one on one with Barthez and was onside, and the corner Marseille scored the goal from should have been a goal kick: it hit Pele before it crossed the byline.

30 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don't think we would have beaten Milan. Milan battered Marseille in the final and were really unlucky / the refereeing was dodgy.

They dominated possession, missed a whole host of chances and Barthez pulled off a series of really good saves.

Boli done van Basten studs up from behind, Rijkaard got called offside when he was one on one with Barthez and was onside, and the corner Marseille scored the goal from should have been a goal kick: it hit Pele before it crossed the byline.

If Marseille could do it, our team of that era could also do it unless it was their brown envelopes to officials that made the difference.

Goram was as good as Barthez at that time and John Brown would have been happy to crock Van Basten if required.

Probably o squeels first old firm game ... I was right beside the tims at the terminator and of course it was one of those days :ang:. Of course we turned the tables on the at the next one but it's never quite the same when they are in the broomloan and you're in the govan rather than a few seats away :lol:

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

If Marseille could do it, our team of that era could also do it unless it was their brown envelopes to officials that made the difference.

Goram was as good as Barthez at that time and John Brown would have been happy to crock Van Basten if required.

Dunno if we'd have had it left in the tank by then, mind the last cska game the team looked absolutely gubbed and we still had domestic games left, think we might have came up short against milan

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Dunno if we'd have had it left in the tank by then, mind the last cska game the team looked absolutely gubbed and we still had domestic games left, think we might have came up short against milan

It's the realm of maybe but I'd like to think we'd have risen to the occasion.

10 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Plus they keep deila and dont improve like they did with rodgers, we dont get gerrard and front load his squad to win the league, 

Right enough - tampering with the space time continuum in such a cavalier fashion carries huge risks in terms of unintended and unforeseeable consequences which could adversely impact on our relatively successful current position.😁

Notwithstanding my previous post, the second leg of the European Cup semi-final of 1960 would be a good one to change to  a 6 nil win for the Gers. That would have propelled us as the first British team to a European Cup Final - at Hampden as well albeit against a rampant Real Madrid...Before my time but would have been the biggest game in British football club history.

I always remember the game against Victoria Zizkov at Ibrox when we went out on away goals right at the end.

I was about 12 years old at the time and could not get my head around the away goals rule. I was absolutely gutted and felt like we had been robbed. Was never an away goals fan after that.

2 minutes ago, Jamie29 said:

I always remember the game against Victoria Zizkov at Ibrox when we went out on away goals right at the end.

I was about 12 years old at the time and could not get my head around the away goals rule. I was absolutely gutted and felt like we had been robbed. Was never an away goals fan after that.

Did you not play football manager as a youngster?! 

edit- champ man for those a bit older 

Manchester for me. Went down with my Dad (no tickets) and tried all day to find a scalper to no avail. Watched all the build up on that screen in the square until the lights went out and the mayhem that followed. Thankfully, we were staying in a hotel right opposite and were able to get in to watch in the hotel bar. Remember coming outside the morning after to buy a paper and it looked like the fucking apocalypse!