If you could change one result

scottyc06

26 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I wonder how different everything would have turned out if Boyd didn’t miss that sitter away to Villarreal. 

We might have never appointed Le Guen had Eck taken us to the Quarter Final of the Champions League. Without Le Guen we might never have brought back Walter…

Sliding doors. The what if. 
Could easily say if terry butcher never got a broken leg against Aberdeen in 88, they probably wouldn’t have done the double, souness wouldn’t have probably fell out with Graeme Robert’s end of that season, he would have stayed longer im sure, but, who knows. 
but I do get what you are getting at.

34 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I wonder how different everything would have turned out if Boyd didn’t miss that sitter away to Villarreal. 

We might have never appointed Le Guen had Eck taken us to the Quarter Final of the Champions League. Without Le Guen we might never have brought back Walter…

On that topic of Villarreal, did they not get the semis that year, only getting knocked out  by arsenal?

im sure they only one something like 2 games in normal time including group games throughout their run to the semis.

not checked back to confirm but it sticks in my mind. 

10 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

On that topic of Villarreal, did they not get the semis that year, only getting knocked out  by arsenal?

im sure they only one something like 2 games in normal time including group games throughout their run to the semis.

not checked back to confirm but it sticks in my mind. 

Off the the top of my head I think they beat Inter in the quarters and lost on penalties to Arsenal in the semis 

14 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Eck said he was leaving before that tie im sure, 

But aye that miss was a gutter, played so well over the two legs as well

Parma away under wee dick in his first season, had we just got to HT with the lead i think we could have went on and beat them that night, and the way we were playing under him who knows that season (sure durie missed an absolute sitter in the first leg at 1-1 as well) 

If we'd beaten Marseille at Ibrox in 92 and gone on to win the group, I believe we would have given AC Milan a very tough final.

Cheating frog bastards.

Some atmosphere that night when McSwegan scored.  I was right in line with it from Govan rear.

Most obvious ones have been mentioned but losing 1-0 at home to Killie when going for 10IAR was fucking infuriating.

On a purely selfish personal level I was a kid in the stands watching us losing to Motherwell 2-0 at Ibrox in the 9IAR season.  A win would have won us the 9 at home in front of our fans. As iconic a moment Laudrups header at Tannadice is, I was fucking devastated that day, sitting with a big champions "9 in a row" hat on watching Owen fucking Coyle tear us a new one.