Accounts 20/21

esquire8

Obviously it's still a sizeable loss, but skimming the highlights there, there are a few one off payments, restructuring costs and paying Dave King back, and the associated losses accumulated throughout the pandemic.

The biggest concern is the £17m extra invested in the squad. If we spend that amount of money, we need more value for the investment. 

It does highlight the need for champions league revenue though. 

10 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

So if the squad if half as valuable as people believe, we could easily cover our arses financially with the sale of 2-3 players?

Could be worse.

The issue with posting big losses is that other clubs know they can get players on the cheap and won't offer their value

Haven't read through it all but usually we announce that we need £10m or so to get through the season and another £7-8m the following. Seems this time it's £7.5m this season and £0.4m the following which to me sounds positive. Although I may have read that completely wrong ha!

Bank facility as well.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Buzzing to read all the madcap doomsday scenarios that the celtic blogging space cadets who read “Accountancy for Dummies” in 2012 and have been financial experts ever since will have to say about this in the next few hours and days :lol:

I'm eagerly awaiting Rugger Guy's analysis.

Amateur hour from me but it strikes me that our failure to cash in on one high ticket player strikes again.  Stating the absolute obvious but one healthy sale and those numbers are oh so different. 

We can only accept a bid if we get it but I just can’t understand how at the end of last season we were not in a position to do that. 

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We shouldn’t be paying that wether we win the league or not 

Arguably our best player last year and how much to replace him as he’s holding the cards and can walk on a free even though he’s been poor this season. 

5 minutes ago, markem said:

Amateur hour from me but it strikes me that our failure to cash in on one high ticket player strikes again.  Stating the absolute obvious but one healthy sale and those numbers are oh so different. 

We can only accept a bid if we get it but I just can’t understand how at the end of last season we were not in a position to do that. 

January window, Everton & NP springs to mind.  

20 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I think Goldson can sing for his 42 per week unless we get the league 

7 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We shouldn’t be paying that wether we win the league or not 

That's the first time i've seen any figures actually mentioned.Would chase the cunt at nearly half that.