Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, the goal machine said:

Can’t even see Gerrard wanting to manage against Liverpool tbh. Reckon he’ll talk to them and then decide to stay. 

If the club allow this and he does talk to them then its the beginning of the end for him at Ibrox IMO.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I don’t get that..

Liverpool could have any manager in world, is getting Aston Villa to just above mid table enough to justify giving that job to Gerrard when Klopp goes?

He’s not just any manager though. His ties to Liverpool must make appointing him a favourable option for their board because of the massive commercial / ‘fan engagement’ opportunity it presents. There’s probably a minimum level of credibility/experience he has to achieve before their board will want to give him the job. 

If he does go the only real option that doesn’t fuck us is to offer Beale the job if we are being honest.

Potentially Derek McInness but I would  only offer him the job on a short term basis (I.e. till the Summer) when we can replace him with someone decent. He wouldn’t take that offer though.

Under no circumstances I can we let Murty see out the season we would be aswell handing the title to the tarriers if it happens.

Beale is our best bet of maintaining stability unless there is a quality manager lined up ready to go (which unfortunately there clearly isn’t)

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Yeah they've loads of potential as a club. I think Carragher's right when he said a better opportunity probably won't come along.

Just can't see how he turns them down, as much as I'd want him to come out and say he wants to stay here to win the league again and have a go at the CL next year.

Unless Rodgers leaves Leicester it’s as good a job as he could hope to get in England outwith getting a job at one of the top six.

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

If he does go the only real option that doesn’t fuck us is to offer Beale the job if we are being honest.

Potentially Derek McInness but I would  only offer him the job on a short term basis (I.e. till the Summer) when we can replace him with someone decent. He wouldn’t take that offer though.

Under no circumstances I can we let Murty see out the season we would be aswell handing the title to the tarriers if it happens.

Beale is our best bet of maintaining stability unless there is a quality manager lined up ready to go (which unfortunately there clearly isn’t)

Naw we need a proper manager now, no till the end of season options they never work. We are 4 points clear, the title is there to win.

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Even if he doesn't he will be, ole got Cardiff relegated and he's at man u, Gerrards a lot bigger of an idol than ole there imo. 

Man Utd should have never hired Ole. He got the job with one performance in Paris. If Gerrard falls on his arse at Villa the opportunity to replace Klopp falls on its arse too. Not saying he might redeem himself again at another job and then go for the Liverpool job.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Unless Rodgers leaves Leicester it’s as good a job as he could hope to get in England outwith getting a job at one of the top six.

I'd agree with that.

Also, I'm not sure how true his obsession with wanting to be Liverpool manager is but if he's as focused on that as everyone says he is, I'm not sure how going to a top 6 club and being direct rivals with Liverpool helps that.

So someone like Villa is probably the perfect job for him.