Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

5 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

If he does go the only real option that doesn’t fuck us is to offer Beale the job if we are being honest.

Potentially Derek McInness but I would  only offer him the job on a short term basis (I.e. till the Summer) when we can replace him with someone decent. He wouldn’t take that offer though.

Under no circumstances I can we let Murty see out the season we would be aswell handing the title to the tarriers if it happens.

Beale is our best bet of maintaining stability unless there is a quality manager lined up ready to go (which unfortunately there clearly isn’t)

I actually don't think he's a bad manager, but given he turned us down before that would be completely untenable.

4 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

If he does go the only real option that doesn’t fuck us is to offer Beale the job if we are being honest.

Potentially Derek McInness but I would  only offer him the job on a short term basis (I.e. till the Summer) when we can replace him with someone decent. He wouldn’t take that offer though.

Under no circumstances I can we let Murty see out the season we would be aswell handing the title to the tarriers if it happens.

Beale is our best bet of maintaining stability unless there is a quality manager lined up ready to go (which unfortunately there clearly isn’t)

The fear of them giving it to Mcinnes to the end to the end of the season is real. December has a real huge run of fixtures, with games every few days and not much time on the training ground if we need a new manager. He's been at most of our games on tv this season so will have seen a lot of us. 

Hopefully Gerrard stays and we can all be happy. 

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'd agree with that.

Also, I'm not sure how true his obsession with wanting to be Liverpool manager is but if he's as focused on that as everyone says he is, I'm not sure how going to a top 6 club and being direct rivals with Liverpool helps that.

So someone like Villa is probably the perfect job for him. 

If you look at their squad too there’s a lot there that he can work with from the off. One of his biggest strengths with us has been improving the players he inherited. If he does that and he signs a few players in January then they could easily climb the table quickly.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

A lot of people burying their heads in the sand here I think.

Absolutely much like that mob with Rodgers when he was linked with Leicester. Credible journalists don't put there name to things unless they are sure on the validity of the story. 

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

2m isn't correct. 

You follow H & H too.....

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s a horribly familiar feeling. Unfortunately there’s zero we fans can do about it.

Tbh, if he goes then he’s not the man I thought he was and off he can fuck.

Same. Would respect him a hell of a lot more if any possible move only happens when the season is done. Grew up in an age when we were rightly proudf of how few managers we had. I know football has changed but would leave us in a terrible situation if he left now. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Not bothered for some reason 

Me neither, bit strange.

I love Gerrard, will still love him if he leaves and have never criticised him at any point during his time here. But also not that worried about him leaving. Will change my mind on that if it looks like we're going to fuck up the replacement though 

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It must be remembered that Gerrard has spent 3 years away from his family. That is a huge sacrifice. Birminham to Liverpool is a two hour drive. Family will be a major consideration in all of this.

Liverpool’s only 3 hours away ffs. Not like we play on the moon. 

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

His 'football' was fucking chronic. Unwatchable ugly cunts of a team.

Wouldn't know, only watched his Aberdeen sides playing us, and they were never going to be playing free-flowing football in those fixtures.

55 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

What a gut punch that is. There’s almost an irony in him doing all the work he’s done over the past three years to take the club back to where it should be and then leaving at a vital stage of the most important season we’ve had in decades.

Really not feeling that way, if he goes so be it.

Hardly been at our swashbuckling best this year under him, and feels like he’s almost out of ideas as how to ‘fix’ some of the issues. We’ve by far a better squad than the filth, and have a 4 point lead, so a good managerial appointment and a bit of freshness wins us this league anyway IMO. 

That is dependent on this board getting a good manager in though. 

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Me neither, bit strange.

I love Gerrard, will still love him if he leaves and have never criticised him at any point during his time here. But also not that worried about him leaving. Will change my mind on that if it looks like we're going to fuck up the replacement though 

Yeah I just don’t think he’s very irreplaceable. As I said previously I will always be grateful for last season but there’s a considerable amount I would change about his time here 

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He's a terrible manager.

He's really not. For the record, I don't want him anywhere near the Rangers job, but his record at Aberdeen was good for a long period.

Not brilliant, but good. I'm not claiming he's a great manager, and I repeat I want him nowhere near Rangers, but he's certainly not terrible.

2 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

You follow H & H too.....

Same. Would respect him a hell of a lot more if any possible move only happens when the season is done. Grew up in an age when we were rightly proudf of how few managers we had. I know football has changed but would leave us in a terrible situation if he left now. 

No mate, I rubbished it 36 hours ago 

https://twitter.com/jamesblack1986/status/1457655110281187332?t=jGgpnk177NiBf7jVI003eQ&s=19