Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

That's a banning offence. 

Derek shitebag McInnes 🤮 

If the option is McInnes or Murty as caretaker who are you chosing?

Dont get me wrong I’d rather someone else but I can’t see many managers joining us at this point in the season. I’d still offer is to Beale over him though.

Hopefully it’s all irrelevant and Gerrard turns them down, Remember at one point in his playing career it looked certain Gerrard was joining Chelsea but he changed his mind and stayed loyal to Liverpool. Hopefully he’s become attached enough to Rangers that he will wait till at least the summer for potential other offers.

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Me neither, bit strange.

I love Gerrard, will still love him if he leaves and have never criticised him at any point during his time here. But also not that worried about him leaving. Will change my mind on that if it looks like we're going to fuck up the replacement though 

King brought in Gerrard. Park brought in Pedro. We can only hope Wilson gets to make a shortlist and choice.

Just now, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Dont get me wrong I’d rather someone else but I can’t see any decent managers joining us at this late notice. I’d still offer is to Beale over him though

Hopefully it’s all irrelevant and Gerrard turns them down, Remember at one point in his playing career it looked certain Gerrard was joining Chelsea but he changed his mind and stayed loyal to Liverpool. Hopefully he’s become attached enough to Rangers that he will wait till at least the summer for potential other offers.

Murty all day long, thankfully it won't be though. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Yeah I just don’t think he’s very irreplaceable. As I said previously I will always be grateful for last season but there’s a considerable amount I would change about his time here 

Same. Well put. Lost bigger, better and more successful than Gerrard before. 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

If you look at their squad too there’s a lot there that he can work with from the off. One of his biggest strengths with us has been improving the players he inherited. If he does that and he signs a few players in January then they could easily climb the table quickly.

Definitely. They were one of the best teams to watch last season until Grealish got injured albeit they far too heavily relied on him. The 3-0 win away at Arsenal was up there as one of the best performances of any team.

Martinez one of the best goalkeepers in the league and there's good players throughout the team. Buendia, Bailey and Sanson haven't really got going though.

And not sure I'll be able to stomach him talk about how good a midfielder McGinn is.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Yeah I just don’t think he’s very irreplaceable. As I said previously I will always be grateful for last season but there’s a considerable amount I would change about his time here 

I'm a bit different, even the first two seasons I think he improved us enough that I think he did a good job and definitely don't think he was ever winning the league in the first season or anything. Think in his 3rd year was fair enough and a great achievement, invincible year, sensational in Europe across the 3 years. I'm more so on this season, seem to have gone backwards and stale

If it was end of the season I couldn't give a fuck. It's the timing of it that gets me, no even Gerrard going but such a catastrophic change at such a crucial time, the results of which could set us back years.

Hope we don't get hung up on this "bring a Rangers man in" shite either.

10 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

If Gerrard doesn't go to Villa there will be a few embarrassed posters on here.

People give their opinions on a forum and occasionally they turn out to be incorrect. Hardly anything to be embarrassed about. Especially when there’s credible chat about it happening.

3 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Dont get me wrong I’d rather someone else but I can’t see many managers joining us at this point in the season. I’d still offer is to Beale over him though.

The option should be get a new proper manager in quickly and not do a scum last season

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Rather be left embarrassed than lose the manager tbh. Think it will be the ones who are adamant this isn’t happening, when all the signs point towards it happening, who will be left embarrassed though.

My point is that it is all rumour and speculation and if he doesn't go then some posters will be a bit red-faced.   To be even-handed then, if he does go some others will be embarrassed due to their posts.

Funny thing is, Gerrard wasn't a great appointment on paper IMO. He was a big name but had fuck all experience and bringing in a guy who had managed a couple seasons at under 18's level was a bit mental other than the fact his name carried weight 

Can people please stop saying “McInnes turned us down” ffs

Remember our statement

“After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined”

Because of the sheep refusal for us to speak to him - nothing was offered for him to turn down