Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Just now, Dave Whelan said:

I’d tell Gerrard we will back him with millions in January to win the league and have a crack at the Champions League. If we offer him that choice then it’s an easy decision over mid table life with Villa. They aren’t breaking into that top 6 anytime soon 

With no money? 

We are in the red and need to sell not buy. 

5 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

I’d tell Gerrard we will back him with millions in January to win the league and have a crack at the Champions League. If we offer him that choice then it’s an easy decision over mid table life with Villa. They aren’t breaking into that top 6 anytime soon 

Does that money grow on trees? If so, i want some.

56 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Gerrard was hired from a marketing point of view and that woked out immensely. The perfect man to handle the Scottish press. Gerrard has great work ethics and is probably a better manager now than when he arrived. But make no mistake, most of what he has learned comes from his backroom staff, especially Beale. He can't be underestimated.

I'd like to think Gerrard is better now than when he arrived.  Beale has spent most of his career coaching kids.  The degree of Beale's influence on Gerrard and the team is unknown to us.  You say Beale can't be underestimated but you must consider that he can also be overestimated.

21 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Sam Wallace is one of the most credible journalists in England.

He is, but if you look at the article its mostly about the villa side of it, apart from the slight bit about gerrard interested the rest is about villa getting someone in by monday etc etc, he is very fly about how the article is written

I still think gerrard will go btw, im not burying my head, but regarding the article its like he's covering all bases 

3 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

:lol:

Monopoly millions aye?

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

He is, but if you look at the article its mostly about the villa side of it, apart from the slight bit about gerrard interested the rest is about villa getting someone in by monday etc etc, he is very fly about how the article is written

I still think gerrard will go btw, im not burying my head, but regarding the article its like he's covering all bases 

Headline gets folk to click on it. Very little in the actual article.

5 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

And when he turns round and asks where we are pulling millions from? We are already pulling £7.5m from investors  by Dec 21 to keep the lights on

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Patterson too.

Not sure. They’ve already got Matty Cash and he’s class. Unless somebody like Newcastle come in with an offer for Cash then Patterson would have a tough job dislodging him right now. Saying that Villa can afford to pay whatever we want for Patterson and just keep him in the background.

Listen the EPL and all the money is a massive lure but realistically what would be his remit?

Absolutely no chance of breaking into top four. Spurs have a World Class manager and Arsenal look to be getting there.

Is his job to finish 7th every season?