Why Rangers?

Just now, JM1872 said:

It’s the old cliché but it’s true and it will be true for many others on here. There never was another team, there never was another choice. My dad supports Rangers, as did his dad before him and undoubtedly his dad before him too. My mum’s side were also Rangers, though they passed before I came along. Absolutely no chance it would have been anyone else but Rangers, and thank fuck.

This :thumbup:

I was born into a family completely and utterly steeped in Glasgow Rangers. 
Spent far too many days firstly hanging about outside the cross keys, Stevenston then as a teen falling about inside it. 
I love Rangers as much as those cousins and uncles that started my journey for me. 

WATP

sure i've posted it before, my dad and his family were all fans of them, him and my uncle took me to celtic v spurs at hampden after they won the EC. tried to get me onboard. nah, got my pops to take me to ibrox next week to us  v eintracht 5-3 friendly.

rest is history and my dad god bless him worked for Rangers pools at the time and got tickets and took me and my mate to the 71 cup final and replay and stood in the Rangers end with us...dust and all.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

I was born into a family completely and utterly steeped in Glasgow Rangers. 
Spent far too many days firstly hanging about outside the cross keys, Stevenston then as a teen falling about inside it. 
I love Rangers as much as those cousins and uncles that started my journey for me. 

WATP

cross keys is a great boozer

Family are all Rangers. 

Realistically for my family and many others here it all stems from the clubs roots in Unionism/Loyalism because let’s be honest there wouldn’t be anywhere near as many fans from NI if there wasn’t those connections. 

It’s because of those connections and our songbook that I feel as part of Rangers as someone from Glasgow itself does. 

My immediate family,  my dad especially, are all Bears. I was too young to even remember my first trip to Ibrox, some of my earliest memories are of being in Ibrox. 

I moved a lot as a child,  Rangers was probably the only consistent thing in my life other than my family. If you were to ask why I support Rangers its cause I've never known anything else.