New Manager Thread - Poll Amended

ElBufalo20

Should We Remove The Poll?  

859 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice?

• Dan Deacon Has Ginger Pubes
    • No

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If a couple of cup wins is what it takes, Callum Davidson won two in his first season as a manager while managing the maybe 10th best team in the country. He won one title. Then immediately finished 13 points behind the following season. 

Who is your preferred manager?

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

You can put that in the “what he didn’t achieve bracket”. 
1 trophy in 9. Funny how you can change your targets when you feel like.

I'm confused about your point. I was pointing out GVB barren period was similar to Gerrards. Point being Gerrard is seen as a success, so why should GVB seen as a failure.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

And what @eskbankloyal has said about visa and his assistant from China sounds absolutely spot on from the short discussion I just held

Superb stuff mate. Music to my ears.

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

They’ve really accelerated stuff over the last 48 hours. 

Glad they aren't fucking about this time tbh. Maybe Wilson's idea?

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

So who's your main pick bud? 

Not sure tbh. A lot depends on what the clubs plans actually are. If we're looking at a proper rebuild this summer and expect to move on several of the existing squad it would make a different list of candidates that if we are simply looking to maintain the status quo. A lot would also depend how the club plans to build the staff and if we're going to allow any new manager to bring in his own team (and risk them leaving en-masse again) or bring in a core coaching staff independent of any managerial appointments. 

15 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The other thing about Gio that people are overlooking is he spent 4 years finishing his playing career there, then 4 as assistant manager, then 4 as manager.

It was a long long process for the club, and in a league and club he will have known inside out for over a decade before he won the league.

That's what makes me nervy a bit if he gets it, but when the realistic alternative is McInnes I'm hoping to fuck he does.

Who was manager when he was assistant?

3 minutes ago, ayro said:

I see that as a positive mate as he has done the due diligence.

Obviously it suited him from a personal perspective as previously he would have been out of the Netherlands since he signed for us.

Having read a bit about his Feyenoord team, they played possession based 4-3-3 with wingers and attacking full backs but struggled against low blocks.

Personally I see that as us season 1 under SG where our front 3 were two wide and Alfie rather than the evolved 2 10s we are currently playing, hopefully gets Alfie back firing.

Hopefully being Dutch mentality he will give more opportunities to younger players rather looking to squad fillers.

Biased as I loved him as a player for us and think he will galvanise the support better as we are all a bit raw atm.

Think it's fair to say the poll here is broadly representative of the support as a whole so you're right about galvanizing the support.

Bit in bold I read the same, and that's another thing that worries me a bit.

I like 4-3-3 and I liked our general approach/identity under Gerrard and Beale but seeing as we've been forced into having to change it would be refreshing to have someone who can improve what we struggle with rather than have struggled with the same.

Folk are a bit blinded by the fact its Gio and we loved him as a player (until he pretty much forced the move to Arsenal anyway), he's just not the guaranteed upgrade people are continually posting he will be.

17 minutes ago, jamess said:

I'm confused about your point. I was pointing out GVB barren period was similar to Gerrards. Point being Gerrard is seen as a success, so why should GVB seen as a failure.

Thats my point, Gerrard is seen as more of a success than he was because of the importance of that particular title. All said and done he didnt achieve what he was suppose to and more to do. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not sure tbh. A lot depends on what the clubs plans actually are. If we're looking at a proper rebuild this summer and expect to move on several of the existing squad it would make a different list of candidates that if we are simply looking to maintain the status quo. A lot would also depend how the club plans to build the staff and if we're going to allow any new manager to bring in his own team (and risk them leaving en-masse again) or bring in a core coaching staff independent of any managerial appointments. 

I think the latter is very rare to come by these days. Managers always come with their posse. Next summer was always going to be a rebuild with or without the former manager. The most crucial thing regardless is winning the league this season.

15 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The other thing about Gio that people are overlooking is he spent 4 years finishing his playing career there, then 4 as assistant manager, then 4 as manager.

It was a long long process for the club, and in a league and club he will have known inside out for over a decade before he won the league.

That's what makes me nervy a bit if he gets it, but when the realistic alternative is McInnes I'm hoping to fuck he does.

So that would be the equivalent of Hibs or Hearts beating Rangers and the scum if he took Feyenoord to a league title against Ajax and PSV within 4 years. Now he is coming to us imagine what he could do.