New Manager exciting times.

Smile

Agree with most of that. We have to move forwards and not look back. A mid-season change is always difficult but with the right appointment there is a strong opportunity. Bearing in mind we are 4 clear with a good squad I would expect a reaction from the players to a new manager and some of the insipid performances we have been seeing of late might end. The could put us in a good position going into the middle third of the season. But it all hinges on the right appointment. The right appointment lifts the club, fans and players. Get it wrong and all of us will be feeling negative. 

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Given they've gotten it more wrong than right in recent years then I won't hold my breath...

In a lot of ways we landed really lucky with Gerrard coming up here. Which is why we are all obviously gutted he's fucked off relatively soon. Bit concerning about thinking this board will get it right twice in a row. 

4 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Big problem is the mentality of the players now, they’ll be those who want to exit as well. Maybe the form of some explains they had an inkling of this.

True that could be a problem as Professionals you would hope they would push on rather than sulk and look for the door.

Some off them players could down the tools, the new man will need to make an impression, I've a feeling some will already be ready to jump ship at the soonest possible opportunity, Gerrard has absolutely killed us here, I honestly believe we've got a mountain to climb not because the squad isn't good enough, but because the attitude of some will be lacking.

3 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Some off them players could down the tools, the new man will need to make an impression, I've a feeling some will already be ready to jump ship at the soonest possible opportunity, Gerrard has absolutely killed us here, I honestly believe we've got a mountain to climb not because the squad isn't good enough, but because the attitude of some will be lacking.

That's up to Tav and the new manager to make them Hungary again, if the odd player can't raise his enthusiasm and hunger to play for us then it's time to go.

33 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think most would have preferred him staying till the end of the season, but if your heart's not in it to be the manager of Rangers you are better jumping ship.

Absolutely,  let's be honest there was a staleness setting in, maybe this will work out in our favour.

We need to sell players not just for cash but to freshen up the team as it has gone stale. Every player has his price and the money should be used to refresh the squad. A few out, don't care who, a few in, a change focus/style of play and a manager who is thinking forwards and about winning. Time to get behind the new man when he comes in and hope for the best.

I bet the board now wish they’d told Gerrard he needed to sell someone to generate some income and improve the business model. Instead, with finances tight, they backed him by keeping the core of squad together and brought in his Poundland acquisitions. Despite that backing, we have been turgid shite this season so completely agree with OP, let’s hope it’s a catalyst to improve. 

1 minute ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Moral certainty at some stage.

TBH if he comes in with big numbers for likes of Kent and Kamara then we’ll need to accept this. 

We’re still in need of some big cash if offered say £30M for both it needs to be done if like it or not.