Jimmy Calderwood

29 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

The perma tanned legend has dementia and now does not recognise his son. 66 and in hospital not even rembering taking his boy to see the Famous or his coaching days. Dr wrote a good article about it.

Heartbreaking.

Read a bit of the article, horrible illness.

Even though he never coached us was a Rangers man and a great character in Scottish football which it is sorely lacking just now.

2 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Awful. Very good manager in his day. Was he not in Dutch football at one point? 

Think he played and managed several sides in Holland if memory serves. Liked his complexion to reflect the countries colour

Jimmy is a good guy,used to come into place i worked every week,told me a few stories that never came out,nothing bad but one that made me laugh was bout him punching a window out at hampden during a disciplinary hearing,they shat it,dropped the suspension and let him go,genuinely sad to hear how he is 

3 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Really sad,and it sounds that the boy is coaching in Holland and it sounds like their is nobody else here to look after Jimmy.
Read the story in the Mos and you just feel lucky it's not your family this is happening to.

My Gran has it but we got her into a care home we wanted so we hope that once she settles, things will slow down.