Morelos

DiamondDan

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

The most bizarre thing about it is he won’t get his move unless he plays well for us. 

Whatever is going on with him needs addressed. I’m not sure if it’s the hairdryer or an arm around the shoulder but one of Gio’s strengthens is meant to be his man management so hopefully it won’t be too long before we see him regain form and fitness.

If he is too thick to understand that he wont get his move playing like this and being in the physical shape he is  then surely his agent isnt. Its puzzling to be honest.

I don't dismiss what he did last season. We were too dependent upon him for goals 2 seasons ago, which he delivered. Last season he put the team before himself and played a decent role in drawing defenders out and creating space for others to capitalise on. We got goals from all over the pitch.

This season he has done neither. He's an imposter.

I have never seen someone so obviously lacking in effort at any game I have attended in the last 35 years.

I don't see how we get him off the wage bill.

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

I fint know tbh . 

Certainly not the goalscorer he was a couple of seasons ago , but is that down to him or following instructions . I suppose we'll now find out with a new manager . 

I dont think anyones instructed him to get wired into the pies to be fair. This theory about how he is being asked to play doesnt wash. Hes out of condition, hardly runs, gives the ball away and has been missing sitters this season. Surely thats down to him  alone.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

I remember posters saying he was a better player when his goals started to dry up 🤯

😂 100% people are bizarre when it comes to football and supposedly knowing a bit about the game, he’s one of the worst finishers I’ve ever seen and struggles to hit a ball true. 

2 minutes ago, Jackal said:

😂 100% people are bizarre when it comes to football and supposedly knowing a bit about the game, he’s one of the worst finishers I’ve ever seen and struggles to hit a ball true. 

He’s scored some great goals but seems like a long time ago 

When he came here he had hunger to succeed and get a move to a better league which was driven by his circumstances growing up.

We should have sold after 2 or 3 seasons and picked up another striker to start the process again

Instead we gave him around 3 wage rises whilst basically pricing him out of a move.

This is his 5th season now in the SPL and we can only hope Gio can use his man management to tell him he needs to play for a move this season.

Otherwise we just have an overpaid unhappy forward on our hands for the next 18 months. Unhappy is maybe not accurate when you are getting 25-30k per week, shopping in cruise and spending a few nights a week in Sanctuary.

4 minutes ago, gj923 said:

When he came here he had hunger to succeed and get a move to a better league which was driven by his circumstances growing up.

We should have sold after 2 or 3 seasons and picked up another striker to start the process again

Instead we gave him around 3 wage rises whilst basically pricing him out of a move.

This is his 5th season now in the SPL and we can only hope Gio can use his man management to tell him he needs to play for a move this season.

Otherwise we just have an overpaid unhappy forward on our hands for the next 18 months. Unhappy is maybe not accurate when you are getting 25-30k per week, shopping in cruise and spending a few nights a week in Sanctuary.

NEw cOaChinG sTaFf sPeAk SPaNiSh!

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think Gio will turn his form around.

I agree. Firmly believe if he's played as an out and out striker like he was a few years back he will easily bang in 30 a season for us. What Gerrard asked him to do was criminal and was totally alien to the way the boy plays. 

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

I agree. Firmly believe if he's played as an out and out striker like he was a few years back he will easily bang in 30 a season for us. What Gerrard asked him to do was criminal and was totally alien to the way the boy plays. 

I think it’ll take time but I have full confidence it will happen. One of GVB’s biggest strengths is his man management. He needs to get the arm around Morleos, maybe assign him some double gym sessions and get him further up the park rag dolling centre halves again.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think Gio will turn his form around.

He needs to reignite the fire. Gerrard and co worked far too hard to remove that fiery streak out of his game, which is great in that he doesn’t get carded now but he also looks like a mouse against opposition defences rather than the buffalo that rag-dolled them for fun.

Problem with Morelos is he’s some random Colombian we plucked from Finland for a million who’s not judged by these standards. Got quoted ay 15/20m and he’s judged at that level.

Bar one chance in first half what did we create for him. Too spoiled with him creating his own chances when he doesn’t he gets slated for it. 

Some of the greatest strikers in the world didn’t create fuck all, they got supplied, we gave him fuck all today. 

52 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Compare and contrast Boyle’s performance today with Morelos’.

Its night and day. 

1 minute ago, beararse said:

Compare and contrast Boyle’s performance today with Morelos’.

Its night and day. 

It’s “Alfie” but best false 9 who ever played the game, howling at the made up false positions he plays for the good of the team. 

4 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Should have been sold at the height of his value, more so his goals in the europa.

On paper, I honestly believe no one would buy him.

What a fall from grace 

That was supposed to be our operational plan.

Sell the players of worth and the director of football has someone lined up to take his place.

We've somehow landed in debt...again.

Just now, DBBTB said:

A false 9 isn’t a made up position though...

Never said it was, Morelos isn’t capable of the duties of this role though so it’s weird that we have fans saying he’s doing some sort of “role” for benefit of the team.