Goldson

GOAT

23 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Answered within your post mate.

Your not making sense, if we’ve sold one player how can we be cashing in at peak value?

And as for your sometimes that happens with contracts, yes, maybe one, but the majority of our top players have 12 months or less on their contracts, that doesn’t sometimes happen, it’s ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

So what are the thoughts on Goldson following todays game and after game?

Certainty that he’s leaving or chance of signing extension?

Looking forward to a centre back that can defend his 6 yard box and not let crosses run past him 

9 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Looking forward to a centre back that can defend his 6 yard box and not let crosses run past him 

He has done that. You're obviously focusing on the time he didn't and it cost us but conveniently forgetting the times he has been outstanding. Sure I read he had the most balls won or recovered in the Europa League from all the teams.

Won't know what we've got til it's gone.

He's been a brilliant centre half for us but he's gone and we need to move on. Chance to rebuild now, but we need two more central defenders in addition  to Souttar. Think King will play more games next season too.

Big mistake to leave but if he's looking for one more big wage then I reluctantly understand that part. 

a good servant to our club and has given us so much.  Goes with my best wishes. 

Wish him the best . It’s Not always been rosy with him but over the years he’s been forever present in a team that’s brought the league back home , the Scottish cup back home and a European final . Weve worshipper players in the past for less .

Really weird one that he’s opting to leave us but family comes first, always. 

His ability is replaceable…whether his replacement can step up to his level of availability of the years is yet to be seen. 

All the best Connor. 

Just now, Zappa6995 said:

Interesting to see where he ends up

I expect him to end up at somewhere like Fulham or Southampton. He will get the big payday signing on fee and contract that he obviously wants but I think when he retires he will regret his decision to leave.

Best of luck to him, he has played an amazing number of games for us and gives his all in every minute.

He will be very difficult to replace for everything he brings to the defence and the way he has brought on Bassey.

Just now, The Beast said:

I expect him to end up at somewhere like Fulham or Southampton. He will get the big payday signing on fee and contract that he obviously wants but I think when he retires he will regret his decision to leave.

Personally I don't think he’ll make the EPL, Championship is my guess.

I suspect it’s been a really tough decision for him but looks like he’s off.  Been a stalwart and played an incredible percentage of games for us. Can only wish him every success and thank him for his efforts. Once a Bear, always a Bear.

I personally don’t like him, we’ve had miles better CB’s than him but the amount of games he plays is incredible given his issues before he joined us.  Career is only going one way after leaving us but wished he’d made that decision last summer and we sold him rather than running down his contract. Thank you for your service.