Goldson

GOAT

11 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Goldson and Bassey were really good tonight, as were several others.

They looked good as a pairing, I think the whole right foot and left foot centreback combo like we have when helander plays made a difference as well.

Credit where its due , I thought he had a good game tonight and was pretty solid throughout. He had a lot of pressure on him tonight after comments he made on Sunday but he didn’t hide and I’m sure he will be as pleased as anyone to get through without conceding 🔴🔵💪

On 21/11/2021 at 18:46, the goal machine said:

In his post match interview he said “I don’t want to say this but I think we’ve lost a bit of hunger”.

Fuck me, one trophy and that’s enough for them. Absolute pretenders the lot of them.

He was definitely hungry tonight.. GVB must of gave him a good whooping for that comment :lol:

34 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Goldson was rooted to the ground and had lost concentration (typically) when the guy had a free header and McGregor pulled off his great save. If that had gone in I'm sure we would not be saying he had a great game. He remains a liability.

Yup, still in the huff.

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Already said he was a leader last night but just seen back his defending at the Mcgregor double save.

Dearie me.

Don't agree tbh. Think the time given for the cross from that position meant he was always going to be forced onto the back foot and be second favourite for that ball to the oncoming striker. 

57 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Agree and that’s an issue going forward that needs addressed.

It'll never be addressed from McGregor's side, he's always been rotten at coming for crosses. Defence need to just attack any ball in to the box going forward, however that'll be tough if we keep chop and changing keepers.

This is probably pish but I wonder if Goldson would be in his thoughts, or will he be seen as not good enough? 

From English football gossip pages:

Aston Villa will prioritise signing a centre-back and defensive midfielder in January as manager Steven Gerrard looks to strengthen his side. (Football Insider)

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

This is probably pish but I wonder if Goldson would be in his thoughts, or will he be seen as not good enough? 

Aston Villa will prioritise signing a centre-back and defensive midfielder in January as manager Steven Gerrard looks to strengthen his side. (Football Insider)

With the money Villa seem to have to spend I can’t see them going for Goldson. Sounds like they’re looking for a CB to go into the starting 11 and let’s be honest he had a decent season last year but he’s not good enough to be a regular starter for an EPL team, especially one that can spend huge amounts to get much higher quality.

12 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

They’ll have money to get much better than goldson

13 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I don’t think AV’s scouting department would consider him a likely starter or high priority signing. Especially with the alternatives they can afford. 

37 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

With the money Villa seem to have to spend I can’t see them going for Goldson. Sounds like they’re looking for a CB to go into the starting 11 and let’s be honest he had a decent season last year but he’s not good enough to be a regular starter for an EPL team, especially one that can spend huge amounts to get much higher quality.

34 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

They’ll have money to get much better than goldson

34 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I don’t think AV’s scouting department would consider him a likely starter or high priority signing. Especially with the alternatives they can afford. 

I think you are probably all correct, especially of they are looking for someone to be a starter in their first 11.