Goldson

GOAT

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

People see Souttar as an upcoming young Scottish prospect.

Reality, he's 25 with a bad injury record who is not better than anyone we have.

I'm not saying he'd be a starter every game, but I think if we bring back Katic, Souttar(or another) and Balogun would fight it out for that other centre back position.

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Reality, he's 25 with a bad injury record who is not better than anyone we have.

With a tweak to that statement (a serious injury behind him rather than an overall bad record) you could be speaking about Katic there tbh and yet there’s a massive clamour among some people for him to be brought back.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

The only problem I have with Goldson is his contract. He has been pretty damn consistent as a Rangers player.

The goal rattled him resulting in a few poor passes. Settled down in the second half.

Apart from last season, you're right he has been consistently inconsistent 

I dont think at times its confidence, i think its his ego, imo he thinks he's too good for spfl jobber games, 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

With a tweak to that statement (a serious injury behind him rather than an overall bad record) you could be speaking about Katic there tbh and yet there’s a massive clamour among some people for him to be brought back.

Katic has had one serious injury, souttar has had the same serious injury 3 times, thats a massive difference 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I would rather see Katic here than Souttar but it's would be a case of best of a bad bunch. Not sure any are good enough and both would be filler.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Katic has had one serious injury, souttar has had the same serious injury 3 times, thats a massive difference 

Point still applies that Katic is 25 and no better than anybody we currently have. Souttar might not be the answer, but Katic isn’t either.

Wont be easy to replace but not impossible.

Where is the cash coming from to bring in someone better than Goldson hopefully he can up his game and stay till the end of the season don't fancy us finding someone better in January tbh he's not exactly a total bomb scare like some are portraying him to be. 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Point still applies that Katic is 25 and no better than anybody we currently have. Souttar might not be the answer, but Katic isn’t either.

Thats not the point malky made, souttar does have a bad injury record, 3 ruptured achilles injuries by the age of 25 is way worse than one ACL injury

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats not the point malky made, souttar does have a bad injury record, 3 ruptured achilles injuries by the age of 25 is way worse than one ACL injury

And yet Souttar is the one playing well with his stock on the rise, whereas Katic is flopping during his loan.

3 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Wont be easy to replace but not impossible.

Where is the cash coming from to bring in someone better than Goldson hopefully he can up his game and stay till the end of the season don't fancy us finding someone better in January tbh he's not exactly a total bomb scare like some are portraying him to be. 

Just cost us another goal and caught out again n saved my McGregor.

He'll be gone in January imo.

Puts team under pressure when we are tjis new fresh team under gio.

He'll go and possibly see bids for kamara and patterson.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The only problem I have with Goldson is his contract. He has been pretty damn consistent as a Rangers player.

The goal rattled him resulting in a few poor passes. Settled down in the second half.

No he hasn’t :lol:

Apart from last season he’s been a bomb scare 

1 minute ago, falkirkNS said:

Just cost us another goal and caught out again n saved my McGregor.

He'll be gone in January imo.

Puts team under pressure when we are tjis new fresh team under gio.

He'll go and possibly see bids for kamara and patterson.

We had one defender on the bench today unless we have a ready made replacement for Goldson then he's staying till the end of the season.

Probably will get bids for Kamara but I doubt Patterson will be leaving anytime soon still a lot to learn and it's best he gets that education under the new management.

27 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He apparently still has some issues. 
my cousin is a heating engineer, and hurt himself recently.

He got a number for a shit hot physio, and was there last Sunday for his second or

3rd time. The physio was saying he’s got John Souter in for treatment after himself, and it was a regular thing. 
could be just looking after himself, but why are hearts not treating him then?

maybe reading too much into it, and he’s fine.

my cousin actually saw him arriving for treatment as he was leaving.