Goldson

GOAT

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

One of my biggest dislikes of Goldson is how every time he’s at fault for a goal he immediately turns to someone else and starts shouting as if it’s their fault 

You must hate every goalkeeper too then :whistle:

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

One of my biggest dislikes of Goldson is how every time he’s at fault for a goal he immediately turns to someone else and starts shouting as if it’s their fault 

Yeah it’s quite a bad habit.

Reminds me a bit of a guy I used to play with. He played up front and was the type of guy who would take 4 or 5 chances to score. A decent 20 goal a season striker but used to miss a few sitters a game.

Yet whenever we conceded he would be screaming at the back four to sort themselves out, and then afterwards if we dropped points would be doing his nut how it’s their fault we lost/drew. Yet he’s missed a couple of tap ins from 6 yards :lol: 

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah it’s quite a bad habit.

Reminds me a bit of a guy I used to play with. He played up front and was the type of guy who would take 4 or 5 chances to score. A decent 20 goal a season striker but used to miss a few sitters a game.

Yet whenever we conceded he would be screaming at the back four to sort themselves out, and then afterwards if we dropped points would be doing his nut how it’s their fault we lost/drew. Yet he’s missed a couple of tap ins from 6 yards :lol: 

At least that guy was the other end of the pitch when the goals went in against his side. Goldson is standing near the cunt that’s scored the goal :lol:

26 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Yes!  Even if he’s lost his man and they score he turns round with his big greeting face and blames anyone but himself. 

52 pages of Goldson haters despite him being the best CH at the club since Bougherra ten years ago.

I can understand people being pissed that he hasn't signed a contract. Agreed, he has made the odd mistake this year but playing without a recognized CH or the same partnership doesn't help matters.

His overall game is good as well as his durability and leadership which are underestimated.

The contract situation needs to be addressed pronto.

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

52 pages of Goldson haters despite him being the best CH at the club since Bougherra ten years ago.

I can understand people being pissed that he hasn't signed a contract. Agreed, he has made the odd mistake this year but playing without a recognized CH or the same partnership doesn't help matters.

His overall game is good as well as his durability and leadership which are underestimated.

107959149_313874242985319_1777796565174357024_n.gif

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Low bar to be fair. 

He might be the best at the club, but he hasn’t performed like it at all this season. 

I’d expect us to sell him in January if Helanders back fit. Helanders more than capable of steadying us and playing alongside Balogun for a few months. 

If we could get a couple of million for Goldson and re-invest that in a decent RCB with some of the Gerrard compensation money, that would hopefully get us through to the summer. 

30 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

What's this haters word we see now I see it a lot, the internet has turned people who claim to be men into teenage girls.

Oh you hater you.

27 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Not exactly in illustrious company is he? Anyway Helander is a much better defender. 

The contract situation has been addressed. He’s asking for more money than the club are willing to pay. And he’s done nothing to make us break our structure for him. If he had more than a couple of brain cells he’d had have played out his skin this season and proved to the club we couldn’t afford to lose him. 

If he’s trying to get a new contract he’s not doing a very good job at it. The numbers he wants according to social media/RM are outrageous. He’s not worth it. He looks like an unsettled player and now that his babysitter is gone who never dropped him for games must be a blow. Hope he enjoys the move down south if it comes or gets his head together because he will never play for a club like us again if he moves. We will enjoy Europe with or without him. 

8 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Not exactly in illustrious company is he? Anyway Helander is a much better defender. 

The contract situation has been addressed. He’s asking for more money than the club are willing to pay. And he’s done nothing to make us break our structure for him. If he had more than a couple of brain cells he’d had have played out his skin this season and proved to the club we couldn’t afford to lose him. 

I agree with all of that and the contract issue is the crux of the problem.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

You agree with all that including where he said Helander was better despite you saying Goldson is the best we have had in 10+ year? :lol:

Ok, you got me. Helander is better. It is easy to forget him lately.

But people want rid of Goldson without offering alternatives. Some mention Katic who is currently sitting on the bench as Hadjuk are currently playing. 

Goldson will not be as easy to replace as some suggest.

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

This Goldson situation is a perfect example of why we can’t allow players to go into the final year of their deals.

The top end of our wage structure is still a low to average wage in England and we can’t compete with that financially without breaking our wage scale, as Wilson has said today. More and more players are going to start holding out to see what they might get from down south first before they commit to a new deal up here (we seen it across the city with Christie and Ajer) and that just leaves us in too much limbo to allow it to happen.

It’s poor foresight that we have allowed it to get to this position (and I’ll hold my hands up and say I was one of the one saying what he offered us on the pitch was worth more than what we would get for him in terms of a transfer fee) and it’s one we have to avoid happening again in the future.

If a player is coming into their final 18 months and they haven’t signed a new deal then we have to start making plans to sell and replace them going forward.

Excellent post. 

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

I don't think Helander is better than Goldson at all. I like Helander but he has had some absolute bombscares and escapes criticism at times.

Still wake up in a cold sweat thinking of Benfica away.

54 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

This Goldson situation is a perfect example of why we can’t allow players to go into the final year of their deals.

The top end of our wage structure is still a low to average wage in England and we can’t compete with that financially without breaking our wage scale, as Wilson has said today. More and more players are going to start holding out to see what they might get from down south first before they commit to a new deal up here (we seen it across the city with Christie and Ajer) and that just leaves us in too much limbo to allow it to happen.

It’s poor foresight that we have allowed it to get to this position (and I’ll hold my hands up and say I was one of the one saying what he offered us on the pitch was worth more than what we would get for him in terms of a transfer fee last Summer) and it’s one we have to avoid happening again in the future.

If a player is coming into their final 18 months and they haven’t signed a new deal then we have to start making plans to sell and replace them going forward.

I argued on here last summer that Goldson should’ve been sold for around £4-5million and that money used to fund his replacement. 

It was shot down at the time as undervaluing one of our players, but we would have been able to achieve that fee rather than the £8-10million valuation that was being bandied about. 

When you look at it, if Goldson goes on a free this summer rather than £5million last, he’s basically cost us about £120k per week to employ for the last 12 months. £96k per week for the transfer fee we’ve lost, plus his usual wage of around £25k p/w. A staggering amount of money for someone who has barely kicked a ball for us…

24 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I argued on here last summer that Goldson should’ve been sold for around £4-5million and that money used to fund his replacement. 

It was shot down at the time as undervaluing one of our players, but we would have been able to achieve that fee rather than the £8-10million valuation that was being bandied about. 

When you look at it, if Goldson goes on a free this summer rather than £5million last, he’s basically cost us about £120k per week to employ for the last 12 months. £96k per week for the transfer fee we’ve lost, plus his usual wage of around £25k p/w. A staggering amount of money for someone who has barely kicked a ball for us…

Can only sell him if someone tries to buy him.