Goldson

GOAT

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Defoe would be a better option at centre back than Simpson. That boy is easily up there with our worst signings in the top division.

Looks a case of somebody that just isn’t cut out for us .He can’t possibly be as bad a player as he has shown so far .

Hes defo on par with Brandon Barker .

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Looks a case of somebody that just isn’t cut out for us .He can’t possibly be as bad a player as he has shown so far .

Hes defo on par with Brandon Barker .

At least Barkers excuse was he was signed by Allen. The former manager and Wilson decided Simpson could be a player for us.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Mentioning the benfica game was just a bit of banter. There are other games Helander has looked poor. But you know that.

It's easy to pick away at Goldson just now as it was when it was Tav as it was when it was Kent and whoever the latest hunt needs to be. You will mention times Goldson has made a cunt of it, and of course he has you're right but you also need to acknowledge how colossal he was during last season when he was the main protagonist in a defence which literally broke records and won us a title. He was constantly mentioned as our player of the season.

Goldson has played more than double the amount of games than Helander has since since he signed which for me shows his importance

Goldson played well and consistently last season, given its now his 4th then last season was a fluke for him

And I wouldnt use goldsons amount of games as any sign of his importance, gerrard simply refused to drop him no matter what mistakes he made meanwhile other defenders werd thrown under the bus on more than one occasion

58 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Extremes on both sides of the argument. The people who over rate him make him out to be far better than he actually is and the people who don’t rate him make him out to be a lot worse than he actually is.

How people think having Katic as your 3rd / 4th choice isn’t a better option than Simpson, a shoe horned left back or a youth player I’ll never know. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

How people think having Katic as your 3rd / 4th choice isn’t a better option than Simpson, a shoe horned left back or a youth player I’ll never know. 

How people think recalling him to not even make the bench I'll never know.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Goldson played well and consistently last season, given its now his 4th then last season was a fluke for him

And I wouldnt use goldsons amount of games as any sign of his importance, gerrard simply refused to drop him no matter what mistakes he made meanwhile other defenders werd thrown under the bus on more than one occasion

Pretty certain this is true. He’s soft as baby shit mentally, the reduced pressure of no crowds last season helped him immensely. That’s no use for a Rangers player never mind a guy that wears the armband sometimes. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Surely he’s a better option than King or Bassey at CB? You’re making him out to be a carthorse. 

I'm not making him out to be anything. If we recall him he will certainly be 4th choice behind Goldson, Helander and Balogun. Guy was out injured for a year and has struggled for months for his loan club and the best thing for him would be not playing for months unless we have another injury crisis?

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

He’s far from perfect but he’s a goal threat, good ball winner, he’s three years younger than Goldson and his determination to get back in the team is beyond question. I’d like to try him alongside Helander and see how it goes.

For every one of us bigging him up through rose-tinted specs, there’s just as many telling us he’s garbage and getting worse every day.

He’s a committed Rangers player who has fought back from a serious injury and deserves a chance. He would not be the first to benefit significantly from a loan spell and return to us a better player.

Give him a chance FFS.

Personally I don't rate him as highly as you and it doesn't sound like he has been anything spectacular out there on loan. Maybe a good squad player for us at best, just my opinion. Can't be hanging on to players just because they are committed footballers either, we need quality over anything else.

2 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Personally I don't rate him as highly as you and it doesn't sound like he has been anything spectacular out there on loan. Maybe a good squad player for us at best, just my opinion. Can't be hanging on to players just because they are committed footballers either, we need quality over anything else.

Dunno about the last part, give me 100% committed guys over 50% half arsed quality players any day

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I'm not making him out to be anything. If we recall him he will certainly be 4th choice behind Goldson, Helander and Balogun. Guy was out injured for a year and has struggled for months for his loan club and the best thing for him would be not playing for months unless we have another injury crisis?

Absolutely, but both are regularly injured and the other likely to sign a pre-contract in January. Even if we wanted to drop Goldson we couldn’t as there isn’t an alternative. I’m not saying Katic is a world beater, but I’d rather have him as an option than have nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Right now bassey deserves his shot at centre half, it was said when he came here that he could play there, and he's done nothing wrong to not get a consistent shot at it

Was at fault for the goal at the weekend…

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Dunno about the last part, give me 100% committed guys over 50% half arsed quality players any day

We need committed players but I was more meaning along the lines of someone like Andy Halliday for example. He was committed and played for the badge but he ultimately didn't have the quality.

2 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

We need committed players but I was more meaning along the lines of someone like Andy Halliday for example. He was committed and played for the badge but he ultimately didn't have the quality.

Thw ball playing positions aye, but at centre half you can get away with knowing the basics and just being 100% committed and determined, big marvin andrews is a prime example of that, especially in scottish football

Sometimes its like football tries to over complicate things for the defenders, especially centre halves 

22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He would be a better third or fourth choice than Simpson but there’s a lot of people who think we should bring him back to start every week.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Goldson should have won the first ball but Bassey was sloppy at their goal too. He was far too slow to react to the second ball.

Goldson deals with a generic 60 yard punt then bassey isnt asked to do anything there

Yeah he was slow to react, but he cannot be blamed for the goal when goldson had a shocker, that mistake from goldson was worse than katic one at Perth, 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Goldson deals with a generic 60 yard punt then bassey isnt asked to do anything there

Yeah he was slow to react, but he cannot be blamed for the goal when goldson had a shocker, that mistake from goldson was worse than katic one at Perth, 

But Goldson didn’t deal with the ball which means Bassey should have been alert to the second ball and he wasn’t.

Bassey’s man ultimately scored because he was caught flat footed and got caught ball watching. That means some of the fault for the goal lies with him too.

You can’t absolve Bassey of any blame  or just completely pass the buck just because Goldson fucked up when Bassey clearly fucked up too.

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Right now bassey deserves his shot at centre half, it was said when he came here that he could play there, and he's done nothing wrong to not get a consistent shot at it

I don’t disagree based on Livi/last Thursday, but he had an absolute nightmare away at Sparta and played twenty minutes there against Ross County and he cost a goal 

19 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thw ball playing positions aye, but at centre half you can get away with knowing the basics and just being 100% committed and determined, big marvin andrews is a prime example of that, especially in scottish football

Sometimes its like football tries to over complicate things for the defenders, especially centre halves 

I know what you’re saying, but football’s moved on a bit since we had Andrews at centre half 16 years ago, even Scottish football.