Goldson

GOAT

Souttar played that long diagonal pass that Goldson loves perfectly several times yesterday. 

If we are looking for somebody who can come in and possibly replicate what Goldson does, especially in the sense of starting attacks, then you can see why we might be interested in Souttar.

12 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Goldson did get caught out with the same ball....McGregor bailed him out:confused:

And folk were all over him. Kinda the point, mate.

That said, I think that was as much Bassey as anything, and the high line we were keeping at that time. 

12 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Goldson did get caught out with the same ball....McGregor bailed him out:confused:

It's kinda subjective to just put that down to Goldson. The back four were caught out with that ball over the top and if anything it was Bassey's side.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

It's kinda subjective to just put that down to Goldson. The back four were caught out with that ball over the top and if anything it was Bassey's side.

Both them were caught under it and were left floundering to try and get back in....thankfully McGregor was equal to the effort 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Everyone seems to be getting a thread but him. He was absolutely collosal tonight. Comfortably out best defender and we will miss him. 

Hope we can still get something sorted and keep him.

Win the league and he stays. He ain't getting a CL club in England.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Everyone seems to be getting a thread but him. He was absolutely collosal tonight. Comfortably out best defender and we will miss him. 

Hope we can still get something sorted and keep him.

I still think big Fil is a better defender but Goldson is a leader and organiser that is priceless.

He also makes the other CB next to him play better demonstrated by Bassey again tonight.

Would love him to stay but if he leaves for nothing then so be it just hope it’s as a league and cup winner.

12 minutes ago, ayro said:

I still think big Fil is a better defender but Goldson is a leader and organiser that is priceless.

He also makes the other CB next to him play better demonstrated by Bassey again tonight.

Would love him to stay but if he leaves for nothing then so be it just hope it’s as a league and cup winner.

Disagree with that. He's superior in every department for me.

48 minutes ago, ayro said:

I somewhat agree but maybe tip it in Goldsons favour due to his reliability. He has pretty much never missed a game for us through injury whereas Helander has had a few long term injuries now.

19 minutes ago, fuckthespl said:

I somewhat agree but maybe tip it in Goldsons favour due to his reliability. He has pretty much never missed a game for us through injury whereas Helander has had a few long term injuries now.

Yeah his durability and mental strength attributes are better, I meant more Fil as an out and out defender is better but overall Goldson is more important to us for all of the other stuff that generally gets ignored.

Didnt explain it well, too hyper about tonight’s result 🇬🇧

10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Goldson is a guy we love to give stick to and are reluctant to praise. 

Reckon it's his demeanor, much of which I think is misconstrued.

I think it's more the fact that that he's refused to sign a new contract, which is his decision, but even if he's wanting to leave I think he should have done it so we got a fee for him. Just my opinion

Just now, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

I think it's more the fact that that he's refused to sign a new contract, which is his decision, but even if he's wanting to leave I think he should have done so we got a fee for him. Just my opinion

Yeah mate, probably has added to it, but he's always had excessive stick even before that.

1 minute ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

I think it's more the fact that that he's refused to sign a new contract, which is his decision, but even if he's wanting to leave I think he should have done it so we got a fee for him. Just my opinion

That then takes his right to leave away.

If someone came in with enough money he'd be gone. They haven't and all he's doing is what he's entitled to do, and he's doing fine on the pitch so it is what it is.

I know Tav wears the armband but Goldson is the vocal leader of the team. The fact that he plays every game is incredible.

I'm not sure why he would consider leaving Rangers but I can't see him staying after the summer if he hasn't signed by now.

He will be difficult to replace.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That then takes his right to leave away.

If someone came in with enough money he'd be gone. They haven't and all he's doing is what he's entitled to do, and he's doing fine on the pitch so it is what it is.

I'm sure he could have had clauses put in any new contract. I just feel he could have shown a bit of loyalty after we took a chance on him, and gave him a platform. I fully agree he's entitled to do what he's doing, it's just annoying as fuck as a supporter :lol: