The sign of Champions?

Redwhiteandblue

I know it's too early to make predictions, but are we starting to see a team capable of winning the league?

We know they've got the ability, but even almost by admission by certain people in our dressing room we have lacked hunger. 

I know it still took a penalty, but it was a properly won and a perfect take that won us a game we very easily have just drawn. 

We know that hibs will have been confident and if the players want to show that the last game against them was a fluke then they have shown it. 

Football being football, I thought we played a bit better apart from when we lost the first goal until the 3 goal and u don't know why Fashion never got on on place of Hagi, who is never a right winger. 

Has the team shown us desire tonight, or were we just lucky?

I hope the team finally realises that we NEED those clean sheets that we had last season to be certain of taking the title. How do you beat a team who don't lose goals? The team has shown they can do it, and hopefully have big Fil back playing as soon as possible. We have missed him but Bassey has gotten better every game he's played at CB for us. Has tonight been the game where we have finally shown the qualities of last season? And I don't mean talent, but resolve. 

We just need to keep winning this next month and then hopefully Gio can get his coaching into the team and a few additions to the team. He's focussed on getting us solid just now which we needed. He needs time to get us playing his way.

3 points is always all that matters but right now it's more important than ever as we'll improve and I think the scum have peaked or aren't far of their best. 

We keep picking up wins just now and it'll eventually kill those manky bastards once we kick into style.

We’ve played 3 under gio, the first 2 games were arguably as good as we have played this season and then tonight was a shite smash and grab, lacklustre performance against a team that pumped us the other week.

All good signs for me, let’s make it 4/4 and see where we go.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If you remember back to helicopter sunday season, we went to easter road behind the papes in the league and with an OF double header coming up, novo sent off early doors and we came away with the 3 points thanks to a Prso penalty near the end, it wasnt pretty, it wasnt good to watch, but we got the 3 points and then went on a fantastic run in the league

Tonight might well be the catalyst for another run

Fuckin well remembered. I know non of us care about how we got over the line tonight....but fuckin precious 3 points. 

14 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I know it's too early to make predictions, but are we starting to see a team capable of winning the league?

We know they've got the ability, but even almost by admission by certain people in our dressing room we have lacked hunger. 

I know it still took a penalty, but it was a properly won and a perfect take that won us a game we very easily have just drawn. 

We know that hibs will have been confident and if the players want to show that the last game against them was a fluke then they have shown it. 

Football being football, I thought we played a bit better apart from when we lost the first goal until the 3 goal and u don't know why Fashion never got on on place of Hagi, who is never a right winger. 

I hope the team finally realises that we NEED those clean sheets that we had last season to be certain of taking the title. How do you beat a team who don't lose goals? The team has shown they can do it, and hopefully have big Fil back playing as soon as possible. We have missed him but Bassey has gotten better every game he's played at CB for us. Has tonight been the game where we have finally shown the qualities of last season? And I don't mean talent, but resolve. 

Could settle the team before chalking up more routine wins, the cue of games lined up  has my  head in a car boot....

No but seriously that's what some forget that over the course of a season we need to chalk up these wins as they are crucial...

Was a clear penalty so we got what we deserved in that instance,but we will lose points if we continue to play like that.We don't get enough players in the opposition box and too many times tonight there wasn't a pass on forward as we were too immobile.

The defense does seem a little more settled now we don't have our full backs overlapping but that cuts down on our crosses into the box and reduces our creativity. We need pace and width from somewhere else now and if Kent's not playing well we maybe need to try Sakala as Hagi is too slow for me.....onwards..

It’s a big result. Remember last season we went to Killie Park won 1-0 through a penalty but the performance was average at best. Still, it gave the tens the desire, confidence and character to grind it out and show we could build on it. Hopefully tonight is similar. 

38 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Yep, they already have tbf. 

What tonight does is send a reminder to the cunts across the city. They thought we would capitulate with "that manager" leaving us. They all tuned in tonight excited to see us drop points only to be left scunnered. Pressure on them now and with the possibility of their game at Dundee Utd being called off this weekend tomorrow night becomes a must win.

We welcome the chase.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

What tonight does is send a reminder to the cunts across the city. They thought we would capitulate with "that manager" leaving us. They all tuned in tonight excited to see us drop points only to be left scunnered. Pressure on them now and with the possibility of their game at Dundee Utd being called off this weekend tomorrow night becomes a must win.

We welcome the chase.

Could hear the penny drop from the other side of the world tonight

You can feel their burning necks