Bassey

scottyc06

3 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

Looking like a good move from gio to drop balogun for him, he’s very fast, solid, big and reliable, he will make this position his own , I have no doubt.

Balogun’s injured so it’s an enforced swap. But it could be a blessing in disguise. 

I like Bassey and think he has all the attributes. A few hairy moments now and then but he is still under 30 professional appearances if I’m correct? Raw is an understatement. Will benefit playing next to Goldson and then another experienced, quality CB when Goldson moves on - and we know he can put in more than a shift at LB too.

5 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

Looking like a good move from gio to drop balogun for him, he’s very fast, solid, big and reliable, he will make this position his own , I have no doubt.

Balogun is injured, he wasn't dropped

31 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He is fantastic and will make us huge money some day.

He is only like 6 months older than Patterson, and to be quite honest, he should be considered every bit as much of a prospect.

There was one moment in the second half when he was getting frustrated with the lack of movement and drove through their midfield himself. Unfortunately he slipped a belter, but it seemed to spark the rest of team into life a bit. I could see him adding this to his game from centre back.

I like the big man, but that’s an insane shout

22 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

What we saying then? Developed into a CB? 

He has the tools. Also defenders with agility go a long way. Modern defenders like David Alaba, Van Dijk are all quite agile and it improves their games. He has that agility along with strength and the other attributes to become a too defender. Will only get better with experience. 

42 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He is only like 6 months older than Patterson, and to be quite honest, he should be considered every bit as much of a prospect.

There was one moment in the second half when he was getting frustrated with the lack of movement and drove through their midfield himself. Unfortunately he slipped a belter, but it seemed to spark the rest of team into life a bit. I could see him adding this to his game from centre back.

How the fuck can you compliment that? It was awful and not the only time he lost possession with loose passes. (Everyone else as well). I like the big man but he was bang average tonight. Let's give praise where and when it is due.

51 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Have to admire his determination to change the game 👍🏻

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Wish we had three or four like him.

I think they will pull together. They have to get past the SG way of thinking at the moment. It won't last 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Ben10 said:

This forum has turned into a sea of negativity and stealth taigism 

Excellent Bassey

There is always a mix of negativity in the BD. Wouldn't worry too much about that :lol:

51 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

How the fuck can you compliment that? It was awful and not the only time he lost possession with loose passes. (Everyone else as well). I like the big man but he was bang average tonight. Let's give praise where and when it is due.

He gave the ball away about twice in the 2nd half, higher up the pitch. Goldson actually done it twice nearer our own goal. Not slating Goldson as thought he was quite good aswell, but Bassey had a good game, and wasn't "bang average" 

Just now, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

He gave the ball away about twice in the 2nd half, higher up the pitch. Goldson actually done it twice nearer our own goal. Not slating Goldson as thought he was quite good aswell, but Bassey had a good game, and wasn't "bang average" 

He tried to do a Bougherra and made a cunt of it. I find it strange that we are praising him for that.

Goldson and many others were guilty of bad passes in what was an uncommon night of constantly losing possession.

Great athlete, has a great attitude and has huge potential but he is not a CH despite decent performances filling in.