The January Transfer Window

BlueSuedeSambas

There’s still a lot of football to be played before then, but it looks like it could be a busy time for us:

1. Some big name players – Kent, Aribo, Hagi, Kamara - continue to be linked with moves away from the club and it might be a need for us to sell somebody, despite what Ross Wilson says.

2. There is the Connor Goldson situation. Do we stick with him until the end of the season, or try and salvage a transfer fee for him?

3. We have a new manager in place who might want to bring in a couple of his own players as he continues to put his stamp on the club.

4. A team which, while much improved in spells under Gio so far, still looks like it could do with a signing or two to freshen it up too.

What, if anything, do you hope to see in the January transfer window this year?

I think we badly need a right sided winger, a centre midfielder with the legs required to play in Gio’s system and get more box to box and depending on the Goldson situation, possibly a centre half too. Granted, it’s a risky time of the season to be making any changes or tweaks, especially with what’s on the line this season, but I think they are inevitable considering everything going on and this is where people like Gio and Wilson will really earn their money.

Let’s just hope they get it right either way.

If we can come out of December 7+ points clear, then yes I agree it’s time to twist. 

Kamara and Hagi are the 2 from that list of 4 that I could see us selling the easiest, plus neither seems to be as vital to us as Kent or Aribo. 

If we have a cushion at the top, sell Goldson for any offers that will give us some funds to put towards a replacement. Helander and Balogun will suffice if we bring Katic back. 

Box to box midfielder who can shoot is a must as is a right sided winger

A centre half should be a priority in January.

An 8, a proper right winger and a proper number 10 would be nice too.

Selling wise, if any of these supposed teams interested make a bid for Hagi then accept.

Patterson being sold should be non-negotionable. 

Hopefully we keep the core of the team intact, we don't want to be leaving ourselves understrengthed though so getting rid of players who are not playing would be good and free up some wages.

Bringing in 3 players a defender midfielder and attacker to bolster our title bid would be lovely.

Hagi would be the first to go, we need a number 8 as Davis is all but done and lundstrom and Jack can't be trusted, if helander is back fit we should be OK in defence till the end of the season, if a decent bid comes in for Alfie whe need to accept and recycle, unfortunately we have seen the best of him. 

Depending if Goldson changes his attitude in the next few weeks, constantly in a fucking huff on the pitch even after he passes the ball to the opposite players centre mids. If he can find form then I’d be happy for him to run his contract out and get a move but if he doesn’t then fuck him off In January he’s becoming a issue. 

Either way we need a centre back in the door as Simpson isn’t challenging and Helander is still got a unknown return date. 

I’d probably accept big money for Kamara and invest it into a ball playing centre mid. And ideally get a loan deal for a wide right player. 

For the right price, I would be okay if Hagi or Kent left as long as we replace them. Probably get close to 25M for both. I would be reluctant to sell Kamara or Aribo.

As for Goldson, I would keep until the summer. Besides, I never hear him linked to anyone. But we need to buy at least one CH who is ready for first-team football.

I don't think Morelos will be playing for a bigger club or league anytime soon so he probably stays.

I've given up trying to figure out the Patterson situation.

It would be a bonus to move on Simpson Barker, Hastie, Firth, McPake and Middleton.

Kelly has to go out on loan. He has wasted half a season and he isn't getting a game anytime soon by the looks of it.

If Goldson plays like he did last night, I’d keep him until the end of the season. I’ve said before but I’d sign Souttar to a pre contract and see if Hearts would be willing to sell him early. Maybe a loan from the EPL too. 

We also need to find a way to get Barker and Simpson off the books.

52 minutes ago, demise said:

I pray we get a proper midfielder who can take a fuckin shot at goal. From outside the box.

We now have one.

Sadly, he’s in the dugout but, if anyone should understand the value in having a pop from twenty yards, it is our new manager.

You’d need to imagine Gio has been discussing with Ross Wilson targets if bids come in for certain players. 

There won’t be as much business as we might think in January but will probably sell before we buy. I’d like to think Gio has spoken with Wilson about potential replacements for anyone in the team.  Depending on fees, and ensure it was suitably reinvested, I’m not actually that bothered if any of the team were sold but I’d be surprised if it would be more than 2/3 max.

Spine of the team needs looked at for next season onwards with likelihood of no McGregor, Goldson, Davis and Morelos next season. I’d get rid of the latter because he’s been dreadful. 

Badly needing cover at centre back , and a box to box midfielder would be good . If we had to sell at the moment it would be Hagi for me . Try and keep a hold off Aribo , Kent and Kamara but if the monies right then no doubt they will go . Goldson can go if he’s not wanting to be here and make it a priority to get in a decent centre back to replace him 🔴🔵

Try and shift the deadwood without having to pay them off. Out of our big players I think Hagi is the one we could theoretically do without although I’m not big on the idea. But if we can get £10m+ for him we might need to take it and then hope Wright can step in. Bringing in a centre back is a must

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I think we badly need a right sided winger, a centre midfielder with the legs required to play in Gio’s system and get more box to box and depending on the Goldson situation, possibly a centre half too. Granted, it’s a risky time of the season to be making any changes or tweaks, especially with what’s on the line this season, but I think they are inevitable considering everything going on and this is where people like Gio and Wilson will really earn their money.

Let’s just hope they get it right either way.

We dont need a box to box midfielder, our system doesn't really utilise such a player, we have the two sitting who both break up attacks and link the backline to the front 4, what we need is either a fully match fit arfield making the late runs into the box or someone to replace him, his goal against livi, absolutely no one else in our team makes they runs when the centre half is pulled out of position, kent, aribo, hagi, all want the ball to feet

Right winger im surprised he hasn't given wright any game time there, even twenty mins, if he isn't in his plans or not showing it then yup a right winger (im getting all excited at the prospect of wingers again lol) 

A centre half is a must, goldson is gone, if i was wilson id take back any contract offer on the table the now, say thanks and replace him, balogun contract up as well and unless cheap wage wise, he could probably go as well, and if we can issue another shit load of shares and pay simpson to go then sp be it lol

I dare say we need an actual clinical penalty box predator striker, someone who'll do what needs done outside it, but when in the box is an absolute bastard to play against, morelos by looks of it will never be that clinical, one chance one goal, type of striker