First four wins manager

ALerone

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’ve literally no time for Gerrard now. He left us at the most ridiculous stage of the season and such an important season at that.

If we win the league this season it will be with no thanks to that man, he left without a care about the consequences to us.

Get the anger, I have it as well, however I think we have come out of the whole situation in a better state than anyone could envisage. Also if Gio wants to leave or gets offered a better job etc he will have the respect to the club and not be a cunt like unfortunately SG was.

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

What a difference keeping clean sheets makes. 

No surprise whatsoever that Gio has punted this GK and RB/LB rotation shite Gerrard had. 

Barisic has been very good since Gio came in. 

It's a striking thing that we've stopped conceding goals so quickly. I did not see that coming. It's wonderful.

Gio seems to have tweaked the system on the park to utilise everyone effectively, the signs are so encouraging even at this early stage. Listening to his presser just now and he clearly has a plan and a philosophy, I'm really ecstatic that he is here and that the whole transition was handled so brilliantly.

Has there ever been such a convincing change of gaffer?

31 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’ve literally no time for Gerrard now. He left us at the most ridiculous stage of the season and such an important season at that.

If we win the league this season it will be with no thanks to that man, he left without a care about the consequences to us.

Ditto, wouldn’t hold a move away against him if he seen the season out, get a lot of ignorant English league fans (at least where I am) saying don’t I think villa is a step up.. the English prem yes, villa no… as above goes with blessings seeing the season out for me but the timing in such an impotent season.. and the bullshit he spouted just before..

rat

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

What a difference keeping clean sheets makes. 

No surprise whatsoever that Gio has punted this GK and RB/LB rotation shite Gerrard had. 

Barisic has been very good since Gio came in. 

That was the most evident thing since Gio came in was that the full backs seemed to play less higher up the pitch. Focused on defending first and it's really shown. Today we seen them get higher up but what a difference in Borna today in particular.

I'm not bothered about Gerrard. I probably got too attached to him as manager and associated that amazing season with him, associated our revival with him. I didn't like the way he left but I've got no ill will. I don't think of him as fondly as I might have, had he seen the season out, but that's his fault. I'm sure he'd be devastated to know...

I'm really just so happy we have Gio, it looks great at the moment. Early days and things can change, but right now it's all gravy!

11 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I understand where you are coming from and he did exactly what you say, but I see it as a forward step getting Gio in.

If Gio had not been available and we had ended up with a poorer manager then I would have been more annoyed.

I fully realise I am in the minority in not hating SG, but we are all different. He is now in our past and we are I believe heading in a good direction. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I don’t hate him, he gave us one of the best seasons ever imo, just think he’s a bit of a dick and was stringing us all along talking pish.

Disappointed in him mate 

Many do though, I just cannot waste my time doing that, as I say 55 was special for many reasons and that is how I will leave it as far as he goes. 

Yes I think it was a strange time to go, but the problem is especially in England they sack and appoint managers at any time and I believe now he was wanting out since the summer, he should have gone then if that was what he was wanting to do.

The main thing is we have been really lucky in getting Gio in and I believe he is a better manager. :thumbup:

12 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

one thing ive noticed is playing the ball behind the opposition player for our player to run onto effectively already beating that player i dont remember too much of that under gerrard as it was always played to the feet

Always played to the  feet of a static player or even slightly behind them. Took the energy and momentum from our play. Small change but massive effect.

Gerrard laid a pretty strong foundation, but this season it became very pragmatic, too pragmatic actually, and it’s now clear that a change was needed for everybody.

Van Bronckhorst is the ideal man to take that foundation and build on it IMO. A bit more experienced, a bit more attack minded, a bit better at developing younger players. All things we need right now.

I honestly don’t think we will ever have as much of a clear open goal of an appointment as we had when Gerrard left and Gio was right there waiting and so obviously the man to come in and take it on for a long, long time.

30 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I understand where you are coming from and he did exactly what you say, but I see it as a forward step getting Gio in.

If Gio had not been available and we had ended up with a poorer manager then I would have been more annoyed.

I fully realise I am in the minority in not hating SG, but we are all different. He is now in our past and we are I believe heading in a good direction. 

Gio is a step forward but getting him had nothing to do with Gerrard, he abandoned the club to chase his own wants 

24 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I don’t hate him, he gave us one of the best seasons ever imo, just think he’s a bit of a dick and was stringing us all along talking pish.

Disappointed in him mate 

Over it now though, think we’ve got an upgrade in our coaching team SG is in the past, in time he will regret his decision.

If he hadn’t came out with the “do I look happy” shite I’d have had no problem with him fucking off. It would have been thanks for 55 but now we move on. But spouting that bollox soured him for me. Scouse cunt.

34 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Many do though, I just cannot waste my time doing that, as I say 55 was special for many reasons and that is how I will leave it as far as he goes. 

Yes I think it was a strange time to go, but the problem is especially in England they sack and appoint managers at any time and I believe now he was wanting out since the summer, he should have gone then if that was what he was wanting to do.

The main thing is we have been really lucky in getting Gio in and I believe he is a better manager. :thumbup:

I think Gerrard wanted out after the champions league exit. Don't think it was a coincidence form dropped after that.

I agree we've upgraded with gio. Manager with more experience and previous success to boot. 

One of the big ones for me 4 games in is Gio's ability to make subs that change games. Gerrard had a bad habit of either changing things too late or bringing on subs that made little sense. 

It's strange, I thought one of the most likely players to have their heads down when Gerrard left would be Aribo but he's taken his game to another level. Think Gio will get the very best from him, Barasic coming into a game too after yesterday. 

No offence meant to heart and hand... But the dutch boy that they interviewed when describing van bronckhorsts football... Said the football was defensive... 

Not seen any of that. Also love that he's not afraid to not play the Two DMS (Davis and Kamara) every game.

He's lifted some players that weren't doing it (for example the fight from Morelos at his goal, not sure that would have happened earlier in the season)

Really positive so far and more to come hopefully.

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think Gerrard wanted out after the champions league exit. Don't think it was a coincidence form dropped after that.

I agree we've upgraded with gio. Manager with more experience and previous success to boot. 

One of the big ones for me 4 games in is Gio's ability to make subs that change games. Gerrard had a bad habit of either changing things too late or bringing on subs that made little sense. 

I can add nothing to that but say I agree. :thumbup: