Alfredo's goal Arfield Positioning

goaaaal

1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

So Arfield hasn't made a difference coming into our team? 

Splits a defence more by his movement, as opposed to Hagi with his passing. Again, two different types of players. 

Eh? I was agreeing with you ya madman 🤣

I'm saying someone like Hagi could learn from Arfield and his excellent movement in the final third.

2 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Thought you were being a sarky cunt! :lol::confused:

Haha. Nah mate I genuinely think we've missed arfield's contribution. That other manager seemed to go with 3 solid defensive minded midfielders and stopped them getting beyond the front 3. Became too safe. Today we had one holding player with two box to box mids in Aribo and Arfield who were given the freedom to go beyond the front three.

8 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

They are two different players but. That's what arfields strong point is. His movement and awareness in the final third. Some of the things Kamara does in midfield Arfield wouldn't do as well like turning under pressure or finding that yard of space in a packed midfield.

Its more about Glen Kamara not offering himself for the infield pass to then turn infield and look for Alfredo or Fashion Jr .

For me it's an easy enough task especially when the marker is 6 feet or so off you two checks is all it takes where's my marker who's available before I make the demand .

He does it plenty of other times but seems to be anonymous in situations similar to Arfields position today of which he finds himself in frequently imo and not something that is beyond his abilities for what is a pretty basic task .

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Today we had one holding player with two box to box mids in Aribo and Arfield who were given the freedom to go beyond the front three.

Aye mate. Probably what most of us have been crying out for, for a long time, especially at home against "lesser" teams (or most teams anyway) . Makes some difference. :thumbup: 

5 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

Its more about Glen Kamara not offering himself for the infield pass to then turn infield and look for Alfredo or Fashion Jr .

For me it's an easy enough task especially when the marker is 6 feet or so off you two checks is all it takes where's my marker who's available before I make the demand .

He does it plenty of other times but seems to be anonymous in situations similar to Arfields position today of which he finds himself in frequently imo and not something that is beyond his abilities for what is a pretty basic task .

Is it the player or the system you're moaning about?

Just now, Dan Deacon said:

Is it the player or the system you're moaning about?

Moaning ,😁 Seeing as You asked The Player !

He should be more dynamic even under cunto scouser he was in similar situations and wasn't effective enough imo but clearly shouldn't be beyond him or anyone else what is a basic manoeuvre to keep the move going .

1 minute ago, goaaaal said:

He should be more dynamic even under cunto scouser he was in similar situations and wasn't effective enough imo but clearly shouldn't be beyond him or anyone else what is a basic manoeuvre to keep the move going .

I'd just sell him for 50 grand mate :lol:

1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I'd just sell him for 50 grand mate :lol:

😁 

You know what mate given the previous posts where valuations are given by posters the sky's the limit where GK is concerned I've no doubt he's a great wee player but Gio needs to hone them up in regards to their all round game.

if some Cupid stunt wants to pay silly money for GK then great he is a good player would I rather see him in a Gers shirt for the short to medium term absolutely same goes for all Gers players we've our own agenda to achieve this season In  Europe and at home that should make our team worth fighting like fuck for in terms of a place and what you bring to the team by wants Ng to better your all round  game.

27 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

I have a tarrier pal that’s a bigger Rangers fan than you 

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

More chance that you’re just wrong tbh 

weirdo 

Clearly I'm in the right given what I watch and expect from our players your comparisons are what's weird .

So why don't go and confer with your  "Tarrier pal" on what your next comment should be or better still give him access to your RM Account 🤔

25 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

Clearly I'm in the right given what I watch and expect from our players your comparisons are what's weird .

So why don't go and confer with your  "Tarrier pal" on what your next comment should be or better still give him access to your RM Account 🤔

Doesn’t make sense 

14 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Doesn’t make sense 

Well It would make more sense if I knew which point you or your "Tarrier Mate " were trying to make on the points I made in initial Topic  I  made , or the qualifying posts thereafter by me and fellow posters on the topic !!

Rather than a subjective post riddled with suppositions !

Kamara's job is to to sit in front of the defense and break up any offensive moves by opps. He does this very well.

Not his job to do what attacking midfielders do. He is the rock that gives the attacking players the freedom to go forward.

One of our very best players.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Kamara's job is to to sit in front of the defense and break up any offensive moves by opps. He does this very well.

Not his job to do what attacking midfielders do. He is the rock that gives the attacking players the freedom to go forward.

One of our very best players.

Id say any player in the position Arfield was in today prior to Alfie's goal should be doing the same and that applies to Kamara who has found himself in a similar position umpteen times this season should be offering the same option abilities don't come into it.

Basic aptitude is all that's required 

1 hour ago, goaaaal said:

Id say any player in the position Arfield was in today prior to Alfie's goal should be doing the same and that applies to Kamara who has found himself in a similar position umpteen times this season should be offering the same option abilities don't come into it.

Basic aptitude is all that's required 

I get your point mate but stats show that Kamara is always about the safe pass, keeping the ball moving and giving it to our better players to create something. Arfield is a much more forward thinking player where he makes demanding runs and always tries to play through balls. The mindset of Kamara and Arfield are totally different and that's why Kamara plays deeper and Arfield plays further forward. 

4 hours ago, goaaaal said:

Well It would make more sense if I knew which point you or your "Tarrier Mate " were trying to make on the points I made in initial Topic  I  made , or the qualifying posts thereafter by me and fellow posters on the topic !!

Rather than a subjective post riddled with suppositions !

No it just made absolutely no sense no matter what your point was 

I really like Arfield's role under van Bronckhorst. He seems fit and finally ready to help us this season. I prefer him high on the pitch, putting pressure on the center backs and contributing on goals like he did with Morelos.