*****Official Champions v Lyon match thread*****

HuistraHairDo

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It’s the same in Scotland though.

Folk moaning about Morelos, tonight showed why he’ll start at Tynecastle, Pittodrie and the Knew Camp.

In Scotland we can get away with playing without Morelos in the majority of games but he definitely adds a different level when he plays.

Although I think Aribo is the bigger miss when he doesn't play.  Aribo is a giant for us.  We really need him for our style of play and to add the quality we lack otherwise.

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Nightmare bro. Wits up way them.

Ekembi cost more than our team :lol:

Not dropped a point until tonight and starting lineup costing well over 100 million 😂 

Some fringe players getting a game for us too. 

I don't get it tbh, folk clearly don't grasp football. 

Just now, shaka said:

In Scotland we can get away with playing without Morelos in the majority of games but he definitely adds a different level when he plays.

Although I think Aribo is the bigger miss when he doesn't play.  Aribo is a giant for us.  We really need him for our style of play and to add the quality we lack otherwise.

Nah, the thought of going to the tougher places without Morelos gives me the fear.

Without Morelos and Aribo tonight there was no strength or power.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes he has but I think coming into this level of game is expecting a lot of the lad.

I suppose if I am honest I am annoyed so many on here seem delighted to be so negative about a very good young Scottish player.

He made a mistake at the end but we have seen every bit as bad from Tav, Goldson etc who are senior players.

Anyway delighted with the draw and Gio still unbeaten.

Fair enough I think people go ott a little because he gets so little criticism when d he doesn’t play well so overcompensating.

It’s similar with Bassey and Barisic.

Hes a tremendous talent, hopefully our RB for next 5 years, but presently Tav is better.

Quite a good performance against a top team . 

A bit concerning defending corners , on another day that might cost us , but outside of that we restricted them to just a few chances while creating a few of our own . 

Not bad considering we rested a few of our top players .

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Fuck sake the boy just cannot win on here , hes hardly kicked a ball and is flung in against probably the best side we have played all year , Tav makes that same mistake regularly .......

See to be fair to Patterson. The ball was further forward moments before the error and we managed to work ourself in to a corner by forcing the ball back to him. Lyon's pressing was decent to be fair but there wasn't much of an out-ball for him in the end and that's on the rest of the team. With experience he'll learn that if there's nothing on in that position then just fuck the ball in to row Z.

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I think it yer pal specky thats angry 👍

Not angry just find it absolutely pathetic that someone would call Rangers players wankers for drawing against Lyon. Out of curiosity which players do you feel are wankers?

9 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Tonight should make everyone realise why Tav gets played ahead of Patterson. The young lad did ok but he doesn't give as much output at the other end. Tavs goals and assists are top every season combined.

I think Tav still shades it in terms of who is generally the more effective player but he's as good as he's ever going to get and Patterson is getting better every year. GvB hopefully willl continue Paterson's development while putting the strongest team out on a game by game basis.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Not angry just find it absolutely pathetic that someone would call Rangers players wankers for drawing against Lyon. Out of curiosity which players do you feel are wankers?

Fuck off Karen, block me if you don't want to see my opinion 👍

It may have been a nothing game in having already qualified.

There was elements to that second half need seriously looking at in terms of possession and passing .

After a poor start the play started to come together and we get the goal deservedly however like the start we conceded far too much possession in then allowing them back into it as they then got back on the ball the way they started.

Second half was abysmal in terms of even getting out our own half despite the press from Lyon we overcame it in the first half but allowed them even more time and space to overrun our team that has to be a major concern maybe the substitutions were a little too early ?

As concerning is the amount of times possession was lost from throw ins resulting in panicked back passes after piss poor takes then short passes from that  resulting in loss of possession immediately on the back foot.

For me it doesn't matter how decent Lyon are if we allow any team a sniff because of weaknesses in those situations we saw all through that second half then you will get punished given the way they played second half and despite a few runs into their half late on Lyon could have been out of sight through our own idiotic style of play tonight we gave them that much possession.

Nothing wrong with being disappointed in the overall performance but some of the rage is a bit much.

Result was good, some really good individual performances along with some very muted ones. 

Im also glad we are all finally in agreement that Davis is done and we play much worse when he is on the park (sorry couldnt resist... )

14 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Scunnered we didn't win. Can't blame young Bassey for the OG considering his age and that he he isn't playing his natural position.

Our loyal away support were in there in force against the odds. Proud of them yet again!

Still undefeated under Gio and we have a much better strip. *

*This post is not an endorsement of Castore but Adidas have some fucking howling kits. 

Goal 100% Barasic fault, should have been square on and tighter and had good cover from Kent, we've seen it before,  many times.