*****Official Champions v Lyon match thread*****

HuistraHairDo

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I'm sure Lyon will rest players ahead of their game with Lille.

Anyone sitting on a yellow card suspension going into the last 32 should not be considered. I believe that might be Morelos.

Are cards wiped clean after the group stages mate?

Im not getting the dont play this player we could lose him thing, we could lose players to injury in any game or even in training, same with Alfie’s booking he could get booked first game the next round and then miss the vital second leg at home, get a strong team out and try win the game, a good result in France will do far more for us Sunday than resting players and getting scudded. Keep the momentum going.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Im not getting the dont play this player we could lose him thing, we could lose players to injury in any game, same with Alfie’s booking he could get booked first game the next round and then miss the the vital second leg at home, get a strong team out and try win the game, a good result in France will do far more for us Sunday than resting players and getting scudded. Keep the momentum going.

Gio says we go maximum in every game. Good enough for me mate. 

Just now, AGC123 said:

This but with  McLaughlin in goal. Keep McGregor in the cottonwool for Sunday 

Why? 

he’s a goal keeper its not like he’s running laps around the pitch or going in for crunching tackles. I think players always produce their best form when they get a run in the team playing regular.   I think case is proving with Shaggers recent form after the chopping changing for the sake of it stopped 

We're going to need to rotate this month due to the amount of fixtures, this game makes the most sense.

We've got players who will be hungry and looking to make an impression like Patterson, Bacuna and Wright and players who need minutes in the legs like Lundstram and Jack.