*****Official Champions v Lyon match thread*****

HuistraHairDo

I think we undersold ourselves in the game at Ibrox. I think we are better than that, and either Lyon are having a stinker domestically or the French league is a lot stronger than it used to be. I’d like to see us have a real go at them and test ourselves, but also appreciate the magnitude of the game on Sunday. Ultimately, hope we do them and Hearts :lol:

35 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Kent (especially) & Davis would suggest not. 

I think by go maximum he means effort and application to win every match obviously he’s not going to play the same 11 every match, I expect Davis Kent to return to the squad Thursday and two maybe three drop out from Dundee.

9 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Why? 

he’s a goal keeper its not like he’s running laps around the pitch or going in for crunching tackles. I think players always produce their best form when they get a run in the team playing regular.   I think case is proving with Shaggers recent form after the chopping changing for the sake of it stopped 

I’d normally agree, I hated the chop and change at the start of the season. I just don’t want to risk an injury in a complete dead rubber of a game. Otherwise I’d keep him in. 

10 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I think by go maximum he means effort and application to win every match obviously he’s not going to play the same 11 every match, I expect Davis Kent to return to the squad Thursday and two maybe three drop out from Dundee.

If you think about Hearts first, and work backwards…

McGregor

Tav Goldson Bassey Barisic 

Arfield Kamara

Sakala Aribo Kent

Morelos 

McLaughlin

Patterson Goldson Bassey Barisic

Jack Lundstram

Hagi Bacuna Wright

Roofe

I’d be rotating the whole team if I could, lack of options at the back though. Could sub in Davis for either squad, and also got youngsters like McCrorie, King, Kelly etc. 

Actually got great squad depth when you consider Balogun, Helander still to come back in from injury. 

12 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Im not getting the dont play this player we could lose him thing, we could lose players to injury in any game or even in training, same with Alfie’s booking he could get booked first game the next round and then miss the vital second leg at home, get a strong team out and try win the game, a good result in France will do far more for us Sunday than resting players and getting scudded. Keep the momentum going.

Agree & we are undefeated under gio  we want to keep that going 

Team for me would be along the lines of this:

McCrorie 

Patterson  Goldson  Bassey  Barisic 

Jack     Kelly 

Aribo 

Wright                                       Kent

Sakala