More rambling from Dave King

KingKirk

King to me did a lot of good, but he also did a lot of damage - hiring Pedro and giving him millions to spend on utter shite and the constant feud with Ashley, court cases and fuckups / half truths over contracts which also set us back for god knows how long.

At the end of the day, I'm thankful he came in when he did (would have preferred it 5 years earlier) but, in my eyes,  in the end he was causing all sorts of harm and probably should have left about a year earlier than he did.

6 hours ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

King to me did a lot of good, but he also did a lot of damage - hiring Pedro and giving him millions to spend on utter shite and the constant feud with Ashley, court cases and fuckups / half truths over contracts which also set us back for god knows how long.

At the end of the day, I'm thankful he came in when he did (would have preferred it 5 years earlier) but, in my eyes,  in the end he was causing all sorts of harm and probably should have left about a year earlier than he did.

Not that im a king fan (always think he has a selfish ulterior motive) but the pedro signing he didnt want by all accounts and was outvoted on it with the board

7 hours ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

He’s a shifty untrustworthy guy. Amount of lies, half truths and personal vendettas out did a lot to the good work. 

Looks like he is wanting back after failing to sell his shares and losing a battle against the current board.

Interesting to see how the board react to this.

King said: “Now that my business interests in South Africa have been stabilised following the devastations of Covid, I have advised the board of RIFC plc that I am available to re-join the board and offer my services to the further development of the Club."

“I remain the largest shareholder of RIFC and look forward to many years of service to the Club and, most importantly, to its supporters.”

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Looks like he is wanting back after failing to sell his shares and losing a battle against the current board.

King said: “Now that my business interests in South Africa have been stabilised following the devastations of Covid, I have advised the board of RIFC plc that I am available to re-join the board and offer my services to the further development of the Club."

“I remain the largest shareholder of RIFC and look forward to many years of service to the Club and, most importantly, to its supporters.”

11 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Now trying to re-join the board..

The board...

welcome-back-good-to-have-you-back.gif

25 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Anyone know his issue with Graeme Park?

Egos. 

Dave King doesn’t like not being the main guy. He has a good relationship with Douglas Park and there doesn’t seem to be any issues there.

But Graeme Park is effectively running the club as Douglas is of a fair age and has to focus a lot of his time with running his core businesses. King and Graeme Park don’t get on. 

It is only fair + correct that the largest individual shareholder has a seat on the board. 

The motive behind it is unclear - I reckon it's a play to get someone to buy him out, the Parks maybe? 

Was very surprised to see Letham leave the board last week. Think this is all linked with guys fighting behind the scenes. 

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

It is only fair + correct that the largest individual shareholder has a seat on the board. 

The motive behind it is unclear - I reckon it's a play to get someone to buy him out, the Parks maybe? 

Was very surprised to see Letham leave the board last week. Think this is all linked with guys fighting behind the scenes. 

In normal circumstances probably, but when that person had a prominent seat on the board and chose to walk away from that position? 

19 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Aye, I take your point, but his circumstances can change as he alludes to in his statement. The issue with King is you can never really take him at face value. 

I'd love to believe that he's coming back because he genuinely has more time again and wants to help the club, but given the numerous lies he has told over the years I can't. 

That said, without his money we'd have been up shit creek a long time ago. 

Yeah definitely. I'm really cynical of him and from my point of view the circumstances that have changed are he's realised he won't be able to sell his shares to club1872 and is trying to force the current boards hand into buying him out.

14 hours ago, esquire8 said:

As @Moody Blue Legendmight say. :unsure:

Cat fuck this and that .gif

I'm still in the camp of King being a good cunt. Likely lost a tonne of cash to basically rescue us, and for all he's a wiley old character when it comes to telling the whole truth all the time, I just don't believe for a second the guy crying on the podium when he left us was putting on a performance or was a man who would harm us.