Potential Opponents from Champions League

G.E.C.

13 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Tarriers beat them in the uefa cup in 2004, so it certainly wasn’t that long ago. 1-0 on agg.

Aye you’re right. Sure they said 21 years but maybe that’s getting knocked out a champions league group? Perhaps that season they played the Tarriers did they enter the uefa cup from the start? 

3FDE1325-809C-44FA-95FF-E2ADC1737E97.jpeg

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

How the fuck has it gone so tits up at Barca? I don’t really follow European club football anywhere near as much as I used to so I genuinely have no idea.

Spending ridiculous amounts of money on transfers and wages. Debts went to 1.3 Billion.

Without the Super League they were fucked.

Take them years to get back anywhere near what they were.

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Spending ridiculous amounts of money on transfers and wages. Debts went to 1.3 Billion.

Without the Super League they were fucked.

Take them years to get back anywhere near what they were.

The scariest thing about that is that on paper they don’t seem to have that many good players or sellable assets.

25 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The scariest thing about that is that on paper they don’t seem to have that many good players or sellable assets.

They’re also pretty much exclusively looking at signing ageing players on free transfers, which is hardly going to help their recovery in the long-term.

35 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Their youth players will get them through the next few years, think Xavi will do alright with them tbh if he gets the time. 

Sheriff and Zenit are the only teams that are of the standard you'd expect/hope to get in the equivalent of the last 32 round, Villareal too. All the others are a bit of a riddy. Half of them not out of place in a Champions League semi-final. 

I've said it before, but the thought of Haaland against our defence is utterly terrifying, the guy would throw Goldson around like an empty tracksuit lol.

That aside, given the importance of winning the league, I'd take the glamour tie over the "easiest' fixture and take our chances, it would also give an added buzz for the players over the next 2 months.