Hagi

jjbscotty12

Hagi is not suited to this league he drifts in and out of games and lacks pace.

But he can deliver some brilliant passes and has scored the odd fantastic goal. However I think if the right offer comes in for him we should offload him in the summer.

8 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

Hagi is not suited to this league he drifts in and out of games and lacks pace.

But he can deliver some brilliant passes and has scored the odd fantastic goal. However I think if the right offer comes in for him we should offload him in the summer.

Agree with you somewhat but yet that odd fantastic goal can be the difference in getting us 3 points or into the next round in Europe.  Hmm.

9 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Unfortunately I feel that those numbers now will be impossible to get. Morelos especially I reckon we will struggle to get decent money for and genuinely think we will onky get 15-20m max for the 3 player, esp with only 12 months remaining come the summer. 

Worst part is clubs will know we need to sell for various reasons esp given the shorter contract length and have a bad feeling we may well lose at least 1 possibly 2 on frees 

:lol: Press don’t need to bother talking our players down when our fans do it for them. 

8 minutes ago, SPWF said:

:lol: Press don’t need to bother talking our players down when our fans do it for them. 

I never said that's what I rate them at I said I think that's what we may well end up getting for them. Big dif between me thinking Aribo is a 30m player and what the club actually get for him

43 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

People make a far bigger deal about people talking up or talking down our players than what the reality really is.

I don’t think there’s ever been a chief executive or sporting director who’s been considering a move for a player and thought to himself do you know what, I’m going to pop on a fans forum and see what they think he’s worth before I decide how much I’m going to bid for him. :lol:

Obviously not but it adds to an overall narrative. It’s something we as a support have been guilty of for years. Contrast the yahoos who talk up their players and have cheerleaders in the media doing the same. 

1 hour ago, Detroit Lion said:

Hagi is a fucking great player and by the end of the season, will have proven that.

I think he has undoubted talent only being let down by a lack of pace and inconsistency atm. I am very much looking forward to watching how GVB and his team will develop him from now on as I think his progress had plateaued under SG for some reason.
In summary, he has the ability and vision to go far and I very much hope he kicks on and fulfils his potential from this season onwards…

47 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

I think he has undoubted talent only being let down by a lack of pace and inconsistency atm. I am very much looking forward to watching how GVB and his team will develop him from now on as I think his progress had plateaued under SG for some reason.
In summary, he has the ability and vision to go far and I very much hope he kicks on and fulfils his potential from this season onwards…

This. I think he had plateued under SG as well. Gio is new eyes, more experence in diffrent leagues with diffrent types of players and diffrent styles of management/play. I hope Gio brings the best out of him and plays him in a position where he can shine as this will pay off for us in the long run.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

People make a far bigger deal about people talking up or talking down our players than what the reality really is.

I don’t think there’s ever been a chief executive or sporting director who’s been considering a move for a player and thought to himself do you know what, I’m going to pop on a fans forum and see what they think he’s worth before I decide how much I’m going to bid for him. :lol:

@IamRangers :pipe:

16 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Was stinking the first half, had a better second half I felt, could've had a goal. Not ready to right him off, think it's a case of good player going through a bad spell.

Write, not right.

No harm meant, just want to keep you right.

He can play on the right, but so can Wright, which confuses the matter.

Awrite?

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I actually get the feeling Gio is a fan of Hagi.

I am no master tactician but I think he would be best suited to the role Aribo is currently given.

Aribo is playing on a different level at the moment so Hagi is shit out of luck.

still contributes and I think he is a good option to have but as has been said frequently, he is probably our most disposable high value player. More likely we lose Aribo and Hagi steps in though 

2 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I am no master tactician but I think he would be best suited to the role Aribo is currently given.

Aribo is playing on a different level at the moment so Hagi is shit out of luck.

still contributes and I think he is a good option to have but as has been said frequently, he is probably our most disposable high value player. More likely we lose Aribo and Hagi steps in though 

As much as I like him, if someone has to leave in January, it has to be Hagi. We must keep Kamara, Kent, Morelos & Aribo to win the league.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

As much as I like him, if someone has to leave in January, it has to be Hagi. We must keep Kamara, Kent, Morelos & Aribo to win the league.

In an ideal world yes. But we don’t get to chose who clubs want to buy from us. I also tend to think we could lose any one of those players and still win the league. The problem is if we lose more than one