Hagi

jjbscotty12

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

So much Hagi slander.

He was absolutely fine and more often than not, is heavily involved in build-up to our goals most weeks. Our 2nd goal last night the ball is played into him and he puts it round the corner on the spin with his left foot into Morelos (who dummies it). Could Scott Wright do that? Could Sakala?

Different players have different strengths. Hagi is incredibly underappreciated by our support because he doesn't run really fast and doesn't skin players with pace (he does it with intelligence). His touch + passing ability helps to open up defences but because he doesn't get the final pass / goal people think he's playing shite. 

I’ll go with incredibly overrated 

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

So much Hagi slander.

He was absolutely fine and more often than not, is heavily involved in build-up to our goals most weeks. Our 2nd goal last night the ball is played into him and he puts it round the corner on the spin with his left foot into Morelos (who dummies it). Could Scott Wright do that? Could Sakala?

Different players have different strengths. Hagi is incredibly underappreciated by our support because he doesn't run really fast and doesn't skin players with pace (he does it with intelligence). His touch + passing ability helps to open up defences but because he doesn't get the final pass / goal people think he's playing shite. 

I've been thinking similar recently but have hesitated to put it into words. He messes up a bit and not everything comes off, but he's not the only player who does that. He does seem to contribute a fair bit.

In general I don't agree with him not being good enough, this view does seem to be in the minority though. I really like Hagi

Honestly the majority of comments about Ianis in this thread I just don't see at all. It's not often I fundamentally disagree with such a wide consensus on a player. We've seen plenty of examples of players who aren't good enough for Rangers, there's no way Hagi is in that category for me, nowhere near.

I like Hagi but he would have helped himself a lot more in the last few weeks if he wasnt such a greedy bastard:lol:

Last night he had a couple of chances to pass but elected to shoot. A bit of work on his decisions and the mood will be different with him.

16 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Every game mate he gets absolutely slated on here and around me at Ibrox 

Is there anybody that doesn’t now in match thread? Apart from Aribo :lol: 

16 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

I think the majority of the posts on this thread are agreeing that he's not good enough

I’d say most seem to be that he is but isn’t on form. Which I disagree with

Mixed views on Hagi, he’s a talented player but I’m just not sure he fits with our model particularly well, whether it be from SG’s setup or, more importantly, Gio’s  I just don’t see how we get max value from him. Personally, his lack of pace is allowing opposition to get in position or defend him easily and his end product has been very low this season. He wasn’t a free, he cost millions and I don’t think it’s good enough return for us in the league we’re in. 

Given improvements are needed on the business model, we need to improve getting returns on players and moving them on at profit. Looking across the squad, we have the potential of making money on someone that doesn’t massively enhance the team so I think we must consider that. It isn’t a question of he’s great or he’s pish, maximise income with as little short / medium term damage to the team.