*****Official Champions v Dundee Hibs Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

13 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

shagger got booked for time wasting is anybody finding that ironic that the utd cunts did it all first half and the start of the 2nd half.

i never thought we'd get the 3 points but fuck it, 3 points is all that matters

Don’t think I’ve seen an opposition goalie booked once for time wasting this season. McGregor has been booked 2 in the last 3 games! 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

People will still defend Lundstram but I would try to sell in January. He doesn't fit into Gio's style.

I always said it was a bad signing.

I actually think he’s ok but we need better especially in terms of consistency . 

The epitome of a Gerrard midfield signing, free, slow and mostly passes sideways. 

Worst thing for me is the scale of the drop off. 

I get we want to just get the 3 points but it’s a critical time in the season so we need to be strong and on form like we have been the previous 6-7 games. 

We can’t revert back to type given how critical the next 3 games are. 

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Mental that people don’t understand if we’re as wasteful and as sloppy against celtic as we were today we won’t beat them. 

Totally different game.  We will have much more space to hit the scum on the break with.  Fancy Sakala and Kent to run riot against them if given the chance. 

Well at least Gio would have learned a few things today.

1) You can’t have 2 non ball playing midfielders.

If Lundstrum and Arfield had been starting for the opposition today I wouldn’t have been terribly worried.

Kamara is the one DM you need at Ibrox. And he’s far quicker in transition.

2) Hagi is not a winger. We looked much more potent when Wright came on.

If Dundee Utd set up well and their players stick to the task they are very hard to beat. We've struggle a few times against them the past season and a half. 

We played the first half like we expected a walkover so glad we stepped it up. 

Never in danger really apart from one crazy moment at the end. Not sure if Goldson have Kamara a call to leave it but was very strange. 

Positive is it's another 3 points despite not playing great. 

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Watching the replay again Morelos did everything perfectly. Slipping Joe in early wasn't an option because Mulgrew was back in position. Aribo fucked it buy not passing the ball back to Morelos. There were actually two Rangers players to pass to as well. If Aribo passed instead of shooting Morelos potentially could have left it for a Hagi tap in.

The Morelos pass was behind Aribo forcing him to check his stride. So not perfect at all. 

Granted Aribo should have passed it back to Alfie but the original pass was not perfect.

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

Right time to breathe and relax 😁😁👍👍🥃🍺🥃🍺

Leeds United v Arsenal or

Hertha Berlin v Borussia Dortmund 🤔🤔 

Study Dortmund's tactics then message Gio with your findings 👍

2 minutes ago, JograBear said:

Thats more than Hagi did...

A comment against Wright isn't in support of Hagi playing on the right. 

Hagi was dug shit and would rather he was subbed at half time along with Lundstrum.

Poor choices from the manager , and we all seen him quickly change as he seen it himself. 

Start Sakala right and start Aribo - 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The four behind striker at start:-

Hagi,Arfield,Kamara and Kent.

Absolutely bizarre thinking.

The defence lasted 3 mins before being changed :lol: 

Thought that was the poorest I've seen us in a long time today.  Sponsor should just have taken the MOTM award home with them.

I think Gio is still looking at the best positions for players in the cut and thrust of a match. How someone plays in training can be very diffrent to how the play with the pressure on. When Gio took Lundstram off, Kamara and Hagi shifted positions and we looked better. When Wright came on  it added width and pace to the right hand side with Hagi moving into the left of centre so he could use his passing. The second half team is probably the one we should have started with but Gio needs to sort out in his own head who is worth keeping and what is thier best position. I am happy with Gio doing this as it will be best for us in the long run.

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Right time to breathe and relax 😁😁👍👍🥃🍺🥃🍺

Leeds United v Arsenal or

Hertha Berlin v Borussia Dortmund 🤔🤔 

Leeds Arsenal for me. Should be a good game. Plus if Dortmund play amazing it'll give me the fear.